Friday, September 16, 2016

Sniplet 80. The Parent Trap 3 (Sevvie and Jiro Go to Xiaomen and Make Bad Decisions) [Parent Trap]

Chapter Three: Sevvie and Jiro go to Xiaomen and Make Bad Decisions
The tutor re-entered the room. “Oh, your imperial highness. You must be here to see Illarion’s lesson. That’s wonderful.”
Elian shook his head. “Actually, I’m not his real dad, I’m Elian. And I should be going now.”
“Wait!” said Sevvie. “Where are you going?”
Elian shrugged. “Home, I guess. Why?”
“This lesson is too boring.” whispered Sevvie loudly. “Can you take us with us?”
“Um, sure.” replied Elian. “Come on, you little whippersnappers.”
The siblings waved goodbye to Serafina and followed Elian out of the room. “I guess you kids really do have nowhere to stay, since you don’t actually live in even this universe.”
“Yup, that’s totally the reason why we asked you to come with us.” said Sevvie. “You got it. Where do you live, Uncle Elian? Usually you live on the moon.”
“Well, I definitely do not live on the moon. I live in Xiaomen. Luckily, the palace there and here are linked, so we can just teleport there. Come on, follow me.”
They entered the teleportation room, and soon the three of them were in the Xiaomenese palace. “Welcome back, Director Ashbur.” said the mage in the teleporation room.”Who are these cute little tieflings with you?”
“Um, these are my grandchildren.” lied Elian, patting them on the head. “Sevvie and Jiro. They are very cute, aren’t they?”
“Aw, little Jiro looks just like you, Director.” She smiled at Jiro. “I didn’t know you even had children, Director.”
“Yeah, I’m kind of estranged from my son.” said Elian. “But I finally got the kids for the week! Hey, I’m considering visiting Prince Sebastian later. Can you coordinate someone to take me and the kids there?”
“Can do, Director. We’ll contact you on your orb once your transport’s ready.”
“Thanks!”
Elian’s home was close to the palace. It was a townhouse, physically quite clean but messy. There was no dirt or any stains of any sort, but at the same time there were papers and the like piled everywhere. There was a large picture in the center of the foyer. Sevvie stared at it. “Who’s this old man in the painting, Uncle Elian? Is this our granddad?”
“What?” asked Elian, looking at the painting. “No, um, Sevvie, that’s me.”
“But he’s so old!” exclaimed Sevvie. It was true. Elian didn’t look a day older than thirty, but the man in the picture was at least sixty, possibly even older.
“Well, I used to be a lot older.” explained Elian. “Then I became an elan and now I’m young again.” He shrugged. “It’s nice being young again. I didn’t appreciate it so much the first time. But now it’s easier to go after terrorists! My bones don’t creak and grumble when I chase after them. Anyway, I keep this picture here to remind me of those days. Don’t touch the papers, they’re classified government information.”
Sevvie flopped down on the couch. “Well, this house is cool. Not as cool as your moon house, but pretty cool. You said we might visit poppop later?”
“I visit him pretty often, actually.” replied Elian. “Do you want to see him? Tell him about who you are? Or pretend to be my grandkids?”
Sevvie looked up at the ceiling. “I dunno. I’m thinking. Maybe Jiro and I were sent to this world for a reason. Like, to make it a better place. And make everyone happier.”
“Well, I’m very happy.” said Elian. “And my brother is… well, he’s not wanted for terrorism anymore. And that’s definitely a step in the right direction!’
“Are you and dad really good friends?” asked Sevvie.
Elian sat on the couch next to Sevvie. “Well, I don’t know. I spent a lot of years of my life trying to track him down, and I had to give all that up. And I was suddenly expected to put all the beef I had with him aside, just put it away and-” Elian took a deep breath. “I don’t think I’d call us good friends. Maybe not even friends. It’s complex, Sevvie.”
Sevvie nodded solemnly. “That’s how you two were in our real world for a lot of years. Then you became some sorta wierd alien and the dads decided to be good or maybe just neutral and you wanted to help them. Maybe we can help you and our dad in this world be friends again.”
Elian smiled. It was a strange smile, and maybe if Sevvie had been a little older, she’d of seen that it didn’t really reach his eyes. “That would be nice.”
“Look at that silly old chicken!” said Sevvie, pointing to a peacock that had escaped from Sebastian’s estate. She ran to it and picked it up, tucking it under her arm. “This must be poppop’s pet.”
“Yup, they’re always getting loose.” said Elian. “He must have dozens- no, maybe even hundreds of them.”
“That’s too many.” said Sevvie. “Does he have any jubjub birds?”
“Um, no,” said Elian. “I don’t think jubjub birds are real.”
The three of them entered the estate. “It’s very beautiful.” said Jiro. “I feel like I’d be able to guess it was grandfather’s, even if I didn’t already know.”
“Elian, darling!” Sebastian came running out to see Elian, hugging his old friend tightly. “Oh, I’m so glad you came to visit. And who are these sweet children?”
“These are my grandchildren. Sevvie and Jiro.”
“I didn’t know your son married a tiefling.” replied Sebbie. He rustled Jiro’s head and then reached out his hands to take the peacock from Sevvie. “Can I have Kevin, dear? Did he escape again?”
“Yup.” said Sevvie, handing Sebastian Kevin the peacock. “How can you tell them all apart?”
“It’s very simple.” said Sebastian. “Kevin is the largest. Isn’t he a big fellow?” Kevin squacked loudly, wanting to be freed from Sebastian’s grasp, and Sebastian placed the peacock on the ground. He went walking towards a group of other peacocks. “I can tell each of my peacocks apart. They all have something special about them. Do you children like tea?”
“It’s okay.” said Sevvie.
“Do you have green tea?” asked Jiro.
“Yes, of course I do, dear.”
Sevvie and Jiro were given tea, cookies, and what Sevvie always considered “old man sweetie sweets”. Her and Jiro’s grandfather was actually only around 60 years old, and looked even younger than he did when they knew him, but to Sevvie, her grandfather would always be an old man who gave out old man sweetie sweets.
“Now, Elian, you always told me that Caden never let you see your grandchildren.” said Sebastian. “What made him change his mind?”
“Well, I only get to see them for a bit.” said Elian. “This is the first time we’ve met.”
“But once we met, we felt like we’d known each other forever and evers.” said Sevvie. “Our good old grandpa mc pops.”
“That’s me.” said Elian.
Sebastian smiled. “I’m just so happy that-”
“Sebbie!” Von Wolff was entering the room with a giant pair of gardening shears. “I just finished up with the bushes. Elian’s over again? And he’s brought children?”
“These are my grandchildren.” lied Elian. “Sevvie and Jiro. Ha, you know what I just realized! You two have very similar nicknames!”
“It’s short for Seva.” said Sevvie.
“That’s a very cute name.” said Sebastian. “You know, I think that Xander said he wanted to name Serafina Seva. I think they’re both very beautiful names, but I like Seva better, to be honest.”
“Elian, isn’t Caden’s wife a human?” asked Von Wolff, confused.
Elian shrugged. “Well, sometimes tiefling traits skip a generation or two.”
“That is very true.” said Sebastian. “Or they could have been exposed to demonic energy during pregnancy.”
“Anyway, Caden’s on vacation and he left the kids with me.” said Elian, having come up with that detail on the spur of the moment. “They’ll be staying with me for a while.”
“That must be wonderful.” said Sebastian. “I only have little Serafina, and Akim never lets her out of his grasp.”
“Fuck Akim.” said Von Wolff. “He’s a terrible parent. 0/10. The worst mistake Xander ever made in his life was marrying him.”
Sebastian let out a long sigh. “I know. I shouldn’t have encouraged it when Xander came to me with the idea. I should have told him he should have followed his heart instead. Found someone who truly loved and cared for him.”
“And someone who’s a dude full-time.” said Von Wolff. “Or at least enough of the time to make Xander happy.”
Sebastian tsked. “I think that’s a little bit transphobic of you to say, Georg.”
“I don’t think it is.” said Von Wolff. “I’m just talking about what makes Xander happy.”
“What about a man like my d-great-uncle?” asked Sevvie.
“What, Illiam?” asked Sebastian. “The terrorist?”
“He’s way too old for him. It’d be like him marrying Elian.” said Von Wolff.
“Or Daniys marrying Maelys!” exclaimed Sebastian. “What an age difference.”
“Plus, there’s polygamy involved in that one, too.” said Elian.
“Oh, I wasn’t seriously suggesting it, Elian. It’s just that they are equally ridiculous concepts to me. Perhaps more ridiculous, because your brother was a wanted criminal for many years.”
“He killed you once.” said Georg.
Sebastian rolled his eyes. “Yes, I remember.”
“Mr. Sebastian, if you could have Xander marry anybody in the whole entire world, who would it be?” asked Sebbie. She, Jiro and Sebastian were in the garden- Sebastian was attempting to introduce the children to all his peacocks.
“Hmm, that’s a good question.” said Sebastian. “Well, he’d preferably be around Xander’s age. He’d have to love him very much, and care for him, and hopefully get along with the family. And I hope that he and Xander would want to give me lots of little grandchildren. It seems that all of his siblings have sworn off having children, or delaying them until after they’ve had their careers and the like. I even thought Ehimay and his husbands would have a lot of children, but they don’t have a single one.”
“Don’t worry.” said Sevvie. “I’m sure in the future you’ll have lots of grandchildren and you can throw them up in the air and give them old man sweetie sweets and tell them how much you love them and show them all your peacocks. Though then they’ll grow up into adults and some of them might be real mean.”
“Well, mean or nice, I’d like to meet them.” said Sebastian, kneeling down to pick up a peacock and hand him to Sevvie. “Here’s Kevin again.”
Sevvie patted Kevin. Jiro stared at the tiny bird face of Kevin. “Would you really be very upset if Great-Uncle Illiam and Xander got married?”
“Well, I don’t know.” said Sebastian. “I suppose if Illiam really did love Xander, and vice versa, I’d have to approve the marriage. All I want in life is for each and every one of my children to be happy.” He looked forlornly off into the distance, still holding Kevin. “Though I suppose for Daniys, that will never happen. She’s decided to carry that burden that should be rightfully mine. She can carry it better than me, but I still feel terrible she was forced to carry it.”
“What happened to Aunt Daniys again?” asked Sevvie.
Sebastian blinked. “Aunt Daniys?”
“I mean, um, in no way related to us Ms. Daniys.”
Sebastian stared at Sevvie. “You know, I sensed that Elian wasn’t being quite truthful with me. But this is- you’re not really his grandchildren, are you?”
Sevvie opened her mouth, ready to blurt out the whole truth to her grandfather, but Jiro spoke first. “That’s right, grandpa. We’re not really Elian’s grandchildren. We’re his children.”
“And who’s your other parent?!” asked Sebastian, alarmed.
“Lukas.” lied Jiro.

Author's Note: Jeez, don't Lukas get the short end of the stick in all this? Used by Sevvie and Jiro as a scapegoat in this story. Not treated great in other stories. He's a complex and interesting character and yet we all blame him for creating Markus. "Cecil, didn't you create Markus? Since you're the author?" n.....no.... it was all Lukas.... "wait a second, it says Lukas von Wolff is your name on here." *sweats* i dunno what you're talking about *hides behind cyber-tree*
Word Count: 1973 words
Date:  February 11th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment