Friday, September 16, 2016

Sniplet 88. The Wacky Family Goes to Disney World (Chapter 6.1) [Modern!AU]

Disneyverse 6.1
“Great-Grandfather, can I talk to you for a moment?” asked Messel. All of Maelys’s relatives had returned to their rooms to get ready for the day at the park, and most of Sebastian and Messel’s had as well. Sebastian was just finishing up his breakfast, eating some grapes.
“Of course you can, Messel darling. Sit down. What do you need?”
Messel shrunk awkwardly. “Well, um, I know you must have spent a lot of effort trying to pick rooms for everyone to be in. You know, trying to optimize everyone’s placement and all that.”
Sebastian waved his hand in the air. “Oh, no, I just left that to Georg, so if something’s wrong, we can both blame him. What did he do?”
“Well, um, you do realize that he put me in a room with Markus, right?”
Sebastian made a horrible sound somewhat like a shriek and winced. “Oh my goodness no! Wow. What a truly… what a truly bad decision, Messel! Oh my. Well, I will most definitely be fixing that right away. I just need to figure out who we’re going to swap you with. GEORG! GEORG, COME OVER HERE!”
Georg arrived with Dominik. “Yeah, what’s up, Sebbie?”
“We need to switch Messel with someone else. You put him and Markus in the same room.”
“Yeah, I was trying to keep everyone with their- shit. Fuck, Messel, I’m sorry.” Sebastian hissed slightly at his husband, pointing to Dominik, who had barely noticed their father swearing. “Okay, I’m going to see who’s willing to switch. How about this, I’m going to try to get Cassandra and Danill and Bara to switch with Nadia and Markus and Adrianna.”
“I don’t know, Sevvie and Bara seem to be having a fun time together.” said Sebastian. Georg sighed.
“Okay, let’s make that more complicated, then. How about this, I’ll swap them, and then I’ll swap Elian, Ulmer, and Desta with Sevvie, Xander, and Illiam.”
“And what, Jiro will just say in his room by himself?”
“Shit. I completely forgot that Jiro existed.” Georg sat down on the chair, hard, trying to figure out who he could swap. “We could swap Markus with Monroe, but I don’t know where Monroe would sleep. Maybe Bara could sleep with her parents in the big bed, and we can sleep in the same room as Lukas and Thalia.”
“I can’t do that, darling. Lukas snores like a freight train.” Sebastian popped a grape into his mouth, truly frustrated. “Maybe Bara’s small enough to sleep with her parents in a queen sized bed. Or maybe we can put Sevvie and Jiro on the pull-out sofa and sleep in the same room as Xander and Illiam.”
“And Markus gets the full sized bed to himself?” asked Georg. “Not frigging likely.”
“Oh, right, that’s true, and where would we put Bara?” Sebastian sighed. “Oh, everything was almost perfect before, except for the whole part about Markus being in the same room as you, Messel.”
“I-I guess I could suffer through a few more nights with him.” said Messel, wishing he’d never brought this all up.
“No, that’s unacceptable.” replied Sebastian. “There must be some way we can put them in the same place. Maybe one of the Alkavovs will be willing to swap…”
“Trade my brother, who came in this morning drunk out of his gourd, loudly stomping through the room, muttering to himself about who knows what, waking all of us up, for Markus, a transphobic asshole?” asked Esfir. “No. No thank you. Never in a million years. Kir may be a mess, but he’s our mess.”
“I didn’t even mention Kir, but it’s good to know that’s where you went automatically.” said Georg.
“Are people talking about me?” asked Kir, poking his head out from another room of the suite.
“I don’t know why we have to focus on moving Markus.” sighed Lukas. “Can’t Messel handle him for four more nights?”
“Really?” asked Cassandra. “Really?”
“I know he and Messel have fought in the past, but…”
Cassandra sighed then leaned close to her twin brother, whispering, “Come on, Lukas, Messel tried to kill himself once because of what Markus said. Don’t you remember HumanLight?”
“You don’t need to remind me.” replied Lukas with a shudder. “But do you remember that it was several years ago?”
“Ah yes, because Markus has become so much kinder since then, and much less transphobic.” replied Cassandra.
“I don’t know.” sighed Lukas. “I hate to take Markus’s side, but-”
“Then don’t!” nearly shrieked Cassandra. “For the love of gosh, Lukas, please don’t!”
Lukas sighed. “Okay. But I’d honestly stay in a room with you and Danill.”
Cassandra patted Lukas. “Yes, I know. But you have to do it, for family.”
“For family.” repeated Lukas, trying to remain calm. “For family.”
After the moving arrangements were made, Sebastian finally went to Markus and Nadia. “Alright, you two, in order to keep everything running smoothly, we’re moving you to my room.”
“What?” asked Markus. “No thank you. I like it here in my room.”
Sebastian sighed. “Markus, this isn’t up for debate. You’re moving into my room. It’s for the best, alright? So we can all be happy on this family vacation.”
“But I like being where I am right now!” whined Markus. “Don’t move me.”
Georg rested a hand on his grandson’s shoulder. “Markus, for the love of- we’ve just spent nearly thirty minutes trying to figure out where to move you. We’re all delayed in getting to the parks. For the love of- Just say “okay, grandpa, I’ll love, and thanks for taking me on this walt disney world family vacation”, and the children can stop screaming.”
“Are they actually screaming?” asked Sebastian, a worried look on his face.
“No, but it looks like Maelys’s family has already left for the parks before coordinating with us, so I don’t know if they’ll get to hang out and shit.” replied Georg. This time, he saw Dominik there. “Oh, I’m sorry, Dominik, they’ll get to hang out and shoot.”
“You’ll get to hang out and shoot?” asked Dominik, wondering if their father had forgot they were a child.
“What? No, I’m not going to hang out, I have no idea what I’m going to do. Probably look at a bunch of animals and laugh and spend too much time eating and maybe, if Sebbie allows me, get a drink or two.”
“Oh, darling, why wouldn’t I let you?” asked Sebastian. Internally he thought he would probably need a drink- or two- or three- before the day was over.
“I’m not going to do it.” said Markus, standing up straighter than he’d been before and throwing his shoulders back.
“Markus, please!” shrieked Sebastian. “I’m just asking for-”
“I’m not doing it!” screamed Markus, louder, before bolting from the lobby. Georg, Nadia, Sebastian, and Dominik watched him run.
Nadia looked at Sebastian. “If he doesn’t agree to move, can I just escape him?”
“We’re doing this for Messel.” finally admitted Sebastian. “We need Markus out of the same room as Messel.”
“A Good Decision, and one I wish you’d realized sooner.” said Nadia. “I have done my best to minimize contact between the two, but I will not always be there. I’ll move his things to your room. Though admittedly, I’d rather just sleep on the couch in the room I’m currently in.”
“Well then, that’s fair enough..” said Sebastian. “Though I’m sorry that you have to do that. If we ever take you on a vacation again, we’ll get the two of you different rooms.”
Nadia smiled slightly. “Thank you.”
Nearly forty minutes after Messel had spoke to Sebastian, everyone was rounded up near the bus stop, except for Markus, who still hadn’t been found (nor had he been searched for) and Daniys, Brigitta, and the kids.
Finally, Sebastian’s call to Daniys went through. “Daniys? Darling, where in the world are you?”
“Um, at Walt Disney World? Petting some goats?”
“We were supposed to all leave as one, Daniys!”
“Oh. Well, the kids were getting antsy, so we just left without you. We’re at the goat station right now. Probably won’t be there later.”
Sebastian sighed into the phone. “Alright, see you there.” He clicked his phone off and stuck it into the pocket of his jacket. “Alright, everyone, Daniys is already there, we’re going on the next bus, everyone! Oh, there it is!”
“Honestly, I’m glad my dad isn’t in the same room as me,” said Adrianna, sitting at a table with Messel, watching the parkgoers walk by. “So thanks for that, Messel.”
“Yeah, though I wonder where he went.”
Adrianna shrugged. “Who cares.” She took a sip of her coffee. “I think my parents are going to get divorced soon. They haven’t even really liked each other for years.”
Messel was a little shocked that Adrianna just went out and said that. “Um…. I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be. It’s a good thing. I’ve been waiting for it to happen for a while now.” She shrugged. “Just waiting for it to happen, you know.”
Messel nodded, and wondered what it must be like to have parents who didn’t love each other, or even like each other. His parents had always been Messel’s foundation, his rock, and if he hadn’t had them- well, his life would be a lot shakier than it was already.
“Anyway, do you want to see the tamarins?” asked Adrianna, looking at the brochure. “I’m not really sure what they are, so I think it would be cool to see them.”
“I think they’re some sort of monkey.” replied Messel.
“Oh, that’s cool. Yeah, monkeys are cute, except for the huge ones. Those ones kind of terrify me.”
Sevvie patted the goat on his head. This had been the second straight hour of goat petting. Xander had spent the first ten minutes petting a sheep, the next ten minutes washing his hands, and the next hour and forty minutes on his phone. Illiam had spent most of the time on his phone or attempting to convince Sevvie to leave the petting zoo area. Jiro had spent the last two hours sitting miserably there, occasionally petting a sheep or goat if it got close enough, but throughly uninterested in either.
Jiro took a deep breath and looked up to his parents. “Can we maybe go look at something else? Sevvie, we have goats at home.”
“But we don’t have these goats at home!” complained Sevvie, hugging the goat.
“Oh, look, Sevvie!” said Illiam. “Your aunt Cassandra just said that she and Danill and Bara are lining up for the bird show right now! Why don’t we go see the bird show?”
“Aw, I dunno.” said Sevvie. “I want to keep petting these goats.”
“But they’re waiting for us!” replied Illiam.
Sevvie sighed. Giving one last hug to the goat, she ran off towards the exit. “Wash your hands first, Seva,” instructed Xander. “Be sure to use lots of soap and water. You too, Jiro.”
They arrived at the line to the bird show. “They’re not here!” shrieked Sevvie. “You lied!”
“They must be inside somewhere.” said Illiam, continuing to lie. “Come on, let’s find them inside.”
Jiro was relieved that they were doing something else for an hour. “After this, can we see the dinosaurs? Or go to the bugs life thing?”
“No!” said Sevvie. “We’re going back to the goats.”
Jiro looked to his fathers. “But we did what you wanted yesterday and today, Sevvie.”
“That’s right.” said Sevvie. “Because I’m the star of the world.”
“Okay, I don’t know about the world,” said Illiam with a sigh. “Sevvie, please share with your brother.”
“Illiam, do you not think that Sevvie is the star and light of the world?” said Xander, dark grey eyes wide with confusion. “Do you not think she is the most precious person who has ever lived?”
“Hmph,” said Illiam. “I thought you’d give such a lofty title to your husband.”
“I love all of you very. Much.” replied Xander, giving Illiam a kiss on the cheek. “Seva, I will accompany you back to the goat zones, Illiam, you can take Jiro around.”
Jiro was looking forward to time with both his parents and maybe even having fun with Sevvie in a non-repetitive way, but this was a very good compromise. “Okay.”
“Now, look, I have not found my sister’s family yet, but for now, let us sit next to Messel and Adrianna, they have open seats near them.”
Messel and Adrianna had looked at the tamarins, which were admittedly pretty cute, and were now waiting to see some show about birds. “What’s your favorite bird, Messel?” asked Adrianna.
Messel thought on this for a moment. He had never really picked out a favorite bird. “Maybe some sort of dove. Like a zebra dove. Or a duck.”
“A duck? Really?” asked Adrianna.
Messel shrugged. “Ducks are nice.”
“Ducks are kind of terrifying,” replied Adrianna. “Did you know that male ducks-”
“It’s people that we know!” said Sevvie, plopping down next to Messel. “Hi!”
Adrianna sighed and rolled her eyes slightly. “Hi, Sevvie.”
“It looks like you like Disney World after all!”
“Yeah, I guess I do,” replied Adrianna with a shrug. “It’s not just for babies and people on their honeymoons anymore.”
Messel looked to Sevvie. “What’s your favorite bird, Sevvie?”
“The goat-bird.”
After the show, which was nearly half an hour long, it had been nearly four hours since they’d eaten breakfast. “Why don’t we get lunch together, Messel, Adrianna?” asked Illiam.
Neither Messel nor Adrianna thought this was a good idea, but neither knew how to tell Illiam and Xander, who both looked desperate for a break, no.
“Sure!” said Messel finally, and Illiam and Xander looked like they had just been saved from the abyss. “Where do you want to go?”
‘Well,” started Illiam, “There’s a lot of options that I think could be good. For example, the-”
“I want to go to the Rainforest Cafe!” said Sevvie.
Adrianna smiled slightly. “That was one of my favorites as a kid!”
“Yay, we’re going!” said Sevvie.
“Wait, Sevvie, we never actually-!”
“Rainforest Cafe! Rainforest Cafe!”
This was how the six of them ended up at the Rainforest Cafe, which was Illiam’s least favorite restaurant in the entire world.

Author's Note: WHEN WILL I EVER FINISH THIS STORY
Word Count: 2384 words
Date: March 24th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment