Friday, September 16, 2016

Sniplet 81. The Parent Trap 4 [Parent Trap]

Sebastian opened his mouth. Then he closed it, very quickly. Then he opened it again. Then he closed it again. He blinked, he almost dropped poor Kevin. Finally, he said, “I can’t believe…. my son Lukas… and Elian... “
Sevvie patted Sebastian before taking Kevin from him. “I know it’s gotta be a big shock, grandpa. But that’s us.”
Sebastian looked at the two children before him. “Well then, darlings, I’m so glad to meet you. But why in the world have I never met you before? Or even heard about you being born? And why don’t you know anything about your poor aunt Daniys?”
“We were raised in secret.” lied Jiro. “Our father Lukas couldn’t take care of us, and neither could our dad, Elian. So we were sent to a secret place to go to school. But now our dad can take care of us, so we’re back. But we have to pretend to be his grandchildren, because our parents are still keeping their love a secret. I’m sure they’ll deny it if you ask them.”
“Please don’t tell grandpa.” said Sevvie, her big black-and-white eyes pleading. “He’ll be so upset with our father.”
“I must admit I’m a little upset with your fathers. Both of them!” stated Sebastian. “How could they do such a thing? Send you poor children away? I would have raised you both. You could have gone to school in Xiaomen. I could have used you two to convinc- er, you two could have been very happy here. Oh goodness, I feel like I’m going to cry. I’m just so happy you two are here.”
Sevvie gave Kevin to Jiro and wrapped her grandfather up in a big hug. Jiro put Kevin down and hugged his grandfather as well.
Once they were done hugging, Sebastian wiped a few tears from his eyes. “Oh, that’s what you must have been getting at with all those questions about Xander and your uncle. You really did want to tell me about all this.”
“That’s right.” lied Jiro. “We were just worried you’d be so upset-”
“Well, I suppose I’ll resist the urge to go to the University of Kirov and yell at Lukas for mistreating you little darlings. Keeping you isolated to the point where nobody in the family’s met you before. Your Aunt Daniys is a goddess, you know. She’s probably been one your entire lives. How old are you two again? She took over Hell for me because she’s a much more competent ruler than me, especially after becoming a god.”
“We’re both ten.” lied Sevvie. “We’re twins. But not identical twins like our dad.”
Sebastian laughed. “Well, I can clearly see that the two of you aren’t identical!”
Elian came from inside the house. “Well, kids, I-” He was interupted by Sebastian standing in front of him, moving to block them from him.
“Now now! This is the first time I’ve ever met my grandchildren! You’re not going to take them from me so soon! They at least need to stay for dinner!”
Elian looked to Sevvie and Jiro, looking slightly relieved. “So you told him.”
“Yup, we told him, dad.” said Sevvie, taking her grandfather’s hand. “He’s not mad at you and Lukas, though, well, only a little.”
Elian blinked. “You’re not mad at me and Lukas?” he asked, confused.
Sebastian smiled, slightly pained. “Of course not. I mean, I don’t understand your relationship, and honestly, Elian, if I must admit, you’re a little old for him, aren’t you? But if he loves you, and you love him…. That’s all that matters. My children’s happiness.” He patted Elian on the shoulder with his other hand. “That must have been a big factor in you becoming an elan, wasn’t it?”
“Yes, it was.” lied Elian. “You know, Sebastian, um, I spent a lot of my life mooning after Ulmer. But I think by now it’s obvious he’ll never love me the way I do. And Lukas is… he’s a very special man.”
“He really is.” said Sebastian, smiling. “Now, will you let my grandchildren stay for dinner?”
“Of course.” replied Elian.
“Then I’ll make some delicious mutton curry that I’m sure you two will love.”
Once Sebastian was gone, and the two siblings and Elian were alone, Elian knelt down so he could easily whisper at the children. “Why did you… why did you tell your grandfather that I’m your dad, not Illiam? I’m sure you must have a reason, that’s why I went along with it, but…”
“I didn’t think he’d believe us if we told him the truth.” said Jiro. “So we told him something close enough.”
“Well, um, he took the whole thing about you being me and Lukas’s kids pretty easily. He might have accepted the truth.” replied Elian. “But don’t worry. I’m not going to expose your story.”
“Thanks, Uncle Elian.” said Sevvie, hugging her uncle. “Or should I say dad?”
“Thanks, dad.” said Jiro.
Elian hugged the children before standing up again fully. “I guess we should probably contact Lukas at some point and either get him in this story or out of it. Do you think that your grandfather will contact him soon?”
“I’m sure he’ll be distracted by us long enough for us to that tomorrow.” said Jiro, hoping that was the case. Maybe we can visit him in person and explain the real story.”
“Or we can force him to look like a liar!” said Sevvie. “Either one is fine.”
“Aw, don’t say that about your own uncle.” said Elian.
Jiro shrugged. “If I had to say he’s our least favorite uncle.”
“I know Markus isn’t our real uncle, but he’s my least favorite unofficial uncle.” said Sevvie.
“He’s our cousin.” explained Jiro.
Sevvie rolled her eyes. “I know.”
“Who’s Markus?” asked Elian.
“Ugh. He’s our cousin. Uncle Lukas and Aunt Thalia’s son. His daughter Adrianna is okay. Actually kinda cool.”
Elian smiled. “An only kid?”
“Markus or his daughter? Adrianna, she is. But not Markus. He has a brother, Damien, and he’s pretty cool, but we never see him because he lives underwater with his wife, whos one of those octopus people.”
“Octopus people?” asked Elian.
“Yeah, the Assel. Then his son, Messel, he’s an Assel. Messel’s really cool, he’s-”
“Who’s their god?”
“Kressl.” replied Jiro. “Isn’t he born yet?”
“No. Who are his parents?”
“Scula and Terrimev.” replied Sevvie.
“Hm. I hadn’t heard of them having any children besides Matena. Well, I suppose that’s something to look forward to in the future.”
“And there must be no azeren, either.” said Jiro sadly.
Elian patted their heads. “Well, if Lukas is your least favorite uncle, who’s your favorite uncle!”
Both children smiled widely. “You!”
“You know, I never knew how to cook before I retired from the throne.” begun Sebastian. “Now that I have all this free time, I learned how. And I’m not half bad at it.”
Von Wolff snorted. “Not bad anymore, that is.”
Sebastian slapped Von Wolff on the shoulder playfully. “Yes, I know we had a few cooking disasters at first! But you don’t need to say that in front of the children!’
“Oh, come on, am I not allowed to make jokes around Elian’s grandkids?”
Sebastian’s face twitched slightly when he heard that. However, he recovered quickly, shaking his head at his husband. “No, darling, you are not.”
Lukas sat in his townhouse, eating a very late dinner with Cassandra. The two of them had been working for hours, grading tests for their students.
“Listen to this, Lukas.” said Cassandra, lifting up an alchemy exam. “What is the difference between dissolution and decomposition? The difference is that one of them starts with de and the other one- “
She was interrupted by Lukas’s orb turning a bright purple and flashing wildly. “Hey, look, dad’s calling.”
Lukas sighed as he picked up the orb. “Yes, hello, Father?”
“Lukas. Oh, Lukas, darling, why didn’t you tell me?”
Lukas blinked. “Tell you about what?”
“About your children, darling. Sevvie and Jiro.”
Cassandra dropped the exam on the table and started at Lukas, mouth wide open, and Lukas stared at the orb. “My- my who!? What?!”
“You don’t have to hide anymore, darling. They told me everything. About them, and you and Elian-”
“Elian!” said Cassandra, shocked. “Lukas, you and uncle- well, I guess I shouldn’t call him that anymore, you and ELIAN? Didn’t know you had a thing for older men!”
“Cassandra, darling, you’re there too? And Lukas didn’t tell you either? Oh, Lukas, you could have told me. They could have lived with me. I would have-”
“I don’t have children!” shrieked Lukas. “And certainly not with Elian!”
“Lukas, you can lie all you want, but I wanted you to know that I know. I haven’t told your father yet. Would you like to, or should I do it?”
“Neither!” replied Lukas, now clearly very upset. “I don’t have children! I’ve never dated anyone! I want to see this children, so I can tell them that they are liars, and wrong, and why in the world would they even-!”
Lukas leaned back in his chair, now hyperventilating. Looking at the orb, he picked it up and threw it at the ground, shattering it into a thousand pieces.
Cassandra rolled her eyes. “Oh, come on, Lukas. He’s just going to call us back on my orb, and if you break that, he’ll come here in person.”
“I hate this!” shrieked Lukas. “I hate all of this!” He looked at his lap, tears coming to his eyes. “I don’t know why someone, especially children, would create such a vicious, vile rumor, but it’s not true!” He looked at Cassandra, clearly very upset. “You know I’m telling the truth, Cassandra. Please! Please believe me!”
“Alright, Lukas, but you’re getting awfully upset for something that isn’t true.”
“I just don’t know why someone would make up a story like this about me.” said Lukas, staring at his knees, which were still shaking. “I don’t know why at all.”

Author's Note: One of Lukas's great attributes is that he is shit at dealing with accusations and his emotions. Like Xander, he responds with anger to a lot of things. 
Poor orb. It did nothing wrong.
Word Count: 1673 words
Date: February 12th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment