Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sniplet 57. Sebastian and Von Wolff return to College University [College University]

Sebastian and Georg walked on the quad towards the library, enjoying the warm early summer day at College University. "I'm just so propelled back to my college days when I'm here. It's so nostalgic!" 
"Wow, almost like we went here for college or something..." replied Georg. "Though I don't remember the school being this rundown. Or nicely landscaped." 
"The landscaping is rather nice. I wonder what sort of plants these are?" 
As Sebastian went to go examine the plants, Georg followed him, the noticed a familiar figure a few dozen yards away, walking with a young blonde man. "Sebbie. Look. Xander?"
Sebastian stopped sniffing the plants and turned his head to look. "Oh my goodness, that is Xander. Xander! Darling, hello!"
Xander froze in panic as Sebastian ran towards him, Georg slightly behind. "Xander! What on earth are you doing here? Seeing your fathers' old alma mater?"
Xander managed to spit out, "No! Not at all! What are you doing here?"
"Your dad and I are some of the newest professors here at College University." said Georg. "You'd know that if you ever read our emails."
Sebastian nodded. "Yes, well, with Daniys off to school, we decided it was time for a change of pace! Isn't this a lovely place? Are you here to visit your friend?"
The blonde man shook his head, "I'm Illiam, Xander's boyfriend. And we've both transfered here for the coming semester. We had no idea you would be here."
Sebastian's smile expanded, and Xander cringed. "Xander, that's wonderful, you have a boyfriend! Illiam, it's lovely to meet you. I hope you both enjoy your time here at CU. Xander, where are you staying? Your father and I managed to buy this gorgeous townhouse just across from the Student Union, there's certainly room for you there."
"Xander and I have an apartment in the Viney Suites Apartment Complex. Have you heard of it?"
"Wow, old Viney Suites still hasn't been condemned? Amazing." replied Georg. "Have they taken care of the rat problem?"
"I did not know they had one, so I'm going to hope the answer is yes." replied Illiam.
"Anyway, your father and I were going to the library, we're here to meet an old friend, a fellow professor, where were you two going?"
"Also the library!" said Illiam. "We kind of wanted to look around, get familiar with everything."
"We can show you around at like, two, if you'd like." said Georg. "Show you all the good stuff, if it hasn't been removed or totally destroyed. Like the giant dog fighting a larger dog statue. Why were the fighting dogs removed?"
Illiam smiled. "That would be nice. Don't you think so, Xander?"
Xander shook his head. None of this sounded nice at all.


Author's Note. I appreciate this short story and the fact that Xander doesn't even read his dad's emails. 
Word Count: 459 Words
Date: July 7th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment