Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sniplet 68. Letters Sent from Adrianna to her Parents [MMAU] [AU Week]

Dear Parents,
College has been much worse than you could imagine. Me and my roommate Alix have not been getting along well. I don’t like her at all and even though I have asked my RA to transfer me she will not do so until September. Isn’t that ridiculous? I can’t even transfer roommates even though Alix and I don’t get along at all.
Also, you guys were really bad at packing my stuff. It took me thirty minutes to find all my cups. Why did you put them underneath the blankets? That’s so stupid.
Daddy- Please talk to the president of the university and have me switch roommates! Maybe I could get a single and my stupid RA Mehtap could be fired. Also, no, a store that sells only pickles does not sound like a good idea. Who would go there? You can buy pickles at the grocery store…you should stay with your job at the power plant, okay?
Mother- About what we talked about last time, I’ve thought about it, and I think you should.
Your Child,
Adrianna

Dear Parents,
The girl who lives across the hall, Mesembria, has the world’s ugliest familiar. Have you ever seen a hairless cat? Like, I bet you’ve seen pictures of them, but in real life they’re much worse. They’re so gross. It has horrible wrinkles and constantly meows. Why the hell is it meowing?
I told Mesembria that her familiar was super ugly and Alix and I got in another fight. Great. Just what I needed.
Dad- If you gave me a gourmet pickle and a regular pickle I couldn’t tell the difference. They’re both green, warty, and delicious. Unless they’re sweet pickles. Gross.
Mother- Your copy of Advanced Flame Manipulation was in my stuff. If it’s an accident, I’ll send it back to you as soon as possible. If it’s not, thanks!
Your Child,
Adrianna

Dear Parents,
Things are going a lot better at college. Alix and I are arguing a lot less. You know, I’ve been considering getting my own familiar. What do you think it would be? Maybe some sort of bird? Like a quail or a cat or something?
My classes aren’t going that great, but I’m doing my best. I thought college would be a lot easier than this!
I’m considering joining the local LGBTQ club. It seems like it would be a lot of fun, and they seem like very nice people. There are a bunch of mages in the club, too. Anyway, I’m going to go to the meeting tonight and see if I like it.
Dad- Sweet pickles are a blight on this earth.
Mother- I’m up to Chapter 3 of Advanced Flame Manipulation. I almost set my laptop on fire.
Your Child,
Adrianna

Dear Parents-
Father- First: Why didn’t you just tell me you were fired? And really, couldn’t you come up with a better business concept than a store that sells pickles? Oh, I’m sorry, and pickle items. Pickle items? Do you think that people will shell out twenty bucks for pickle shirts? I would not buy a pickle shirt. I don’t know anyone who would buy a pickle shirt.
Second: I don’t know why you still think that being transphobic is being nice or realistic. It’s not like anyone in the family ever attempted suicide over you being transphobic.
Third: I will be sending all future emails to my mother. She can read them to you if she wants.
Mother- I’m having a wonderful time at school. I think that Alix and I are finally getting along! Yes, I know, it’s surprising. I’m working on Advanced Flame Manipulation and can now almost halfway through the book.
Also, I think I’ve settled on a potential familiar.
If you need me to come down from school for you and my Father’s divorce hearing just let me know.
Your Child,
Adrianna

Author's Note: I think that this is a really interesting story when combined with Alix's side of the story, but here's Adrianna's side of the story. 
Adrianna is going to get a Pomeranian. 
Word Count: 648 Words
Date: November 15th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment