Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 12. The Wacky Family Goes To Disney World (Chapter 1) [Modern!AU]

It was a peaceful day at the Ashbur-Nesline home. Illiam had just gotten back from work, though instead of going right to pick up his children from school, he went inside, where his husband, Xander, was reading the latest issue of The Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery. “Xander, darling, do you want to come with me to school to pick up Sevvie? She says she has big news for us, and I’d hate for me to hear it before you.”
Xander put the journal down. “Yes, I will come with you. I wonder what news she has?” Following Illiam outside, Xander was slightly irked when Illiam got into the driver seat of his minivan, leaving Xander to sit in the front passenger's seat. He took the industrial sized box of goldfish off of the seat and into the back seat. “Don’t put the goldfish back there, Xander ,the children will eat them all!” Xander sighed and put the box on his lap as Illiam started the car.
The school was not very far away, and they got there quickly. Sevvie and Jiro were waiting there, and rushed to the minivan as soon as they saw it. Sevvie got in the car, excitedly jumping in. “The dads, the dads, both the dads are here!”
Jiro got in the car much less excitedly. “Hello Father. Hello Father.” Once ensuring he was buckled in, Jiro got out Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and continued reading.
Illiam began to drive away from the school, as Xander turned around to look at his children. “Now, Seva, I was told you have some exciting news for me?”
Sevvie blinked. “Um, I got an A on my test today, but I dunno how anyone knew that. Did Ms. Prombles tell you that? Like, call you guys or something?”
Xander shook his head. “I thought your big news would be more exciting.”
“Xander!” said Illiam, jabbing the man with an elbow.
“Oh, sorry, Seva, it is very exciting, you are a champion of education. You will do greatest things one day, just like your father and I.”
Sevvie smiled widely. “I know! I’m the best!”
Xander patted Sevvie on the head, and when he turned back around, Illiam was getting on the freeway. “Illiam? Illiam, where are we going? Children, do you know where your father is taking us?”
Sevvie cheered. “We’re going on a magical adventure! Hooray!”
Jiro flipped a page in his book. “We’re going to the airport.”
“What?” asked Illiam, “How did you know that?”
“Well, there are our suitcases in the back, it’s friday and you haven’t bought a new carton of goldfish, and you’re on the freeway but in the middle lane, you’re going to get off soon even though you just got on. Also, the GPS says airport.”
Xander shrieked. “What? What? Where are you going? Illiam? Where are you taking us!?”
“Calm down, sweetegg. It’s a surprise!”
“I love surprises!” exclaimed Sevvie, clapping her hands.
“I do not.” said Xander. “Jiro, where are we going?”
Jiro shrugged. “You’ve finally decided to tell us we’re wizards and we’re going to the american equivalent of diagon alley to get our supplies for wizard kindergarten?”
“I am not a wizard.” said Xander. “...No matter how much I wish that were the case.”
“Awww.” Jiro seemed only mildly disapointed, and flipped a page in his book. “Oh, look, here we are at the airport now.” Illiam drove into a long-term parking lot, looking for a place to park.
“Illiam, I am not leaving this car until you tell me where we are going.”
“I can tell you you will not be disappointed.”
Xander had to agree with that. And with a sigh, he helped Illiam take the luggage out of the car, handing Jiro and Sevvie their tiny child suitcases, as they waited for the parking lot shuttle.
***
Now they were in the enormous lobby of the airport. From here, the endless counters of the various airlines and the TSA zone could be seen. As could a person who was very familiar to all four of them. “Xander, darling~” Before Xander could say anything, his father approached him and gave him a hug. “Oh, Illiam, I’m so glad you convinced him to come. We’re all going to have such a wonderful time in Florida~”
Xander opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by Sevvie’s excited shrieking. “Florida? Florida? Are we going to get to go to Disney World?”
Sebastian let go of Xander to pat his granddaughter on the head. “Of course, darling, didn’t your parents tell you we’re going to go to Disney World?”
“You are the best grandpa ever! Don’t tell the others, okay?”
Sebastian laughed. “Okay!”
Jiro sighed. “Um, don’t we have school and stuff? And don’t my fathers have to go to work?”
“I took care of it.” said Illiam.
Xander finally screamed out, “I am not going on a vacation with that man! Illiam, children, we’re going back in the car!”
Sevvie began to cry.
Twenty minutes later, Xander was still trying to calm his daughter down. “Seva, I don’t know why you’re not listening to me. I have already explained all the facts. I have more than enough money to take us on a vacation to Disney World, or even Disney Land, which I hear is far superior, when we do not have to go with my father.”
“I love poppop! He’s much nicer than all the other grandpas! And I don’t want to go to Disney then, I wanna go now!”
“But Seva, if we truly desired it, I could have this vacation planned in almost two weeks, you’d only have to wait a short while to leave.”
Sevvie continued sobbing enormous tears. “That’s forever, dad! I wanna go to Disney World today!”
“I was really excited about it, too.” said Jiro, looking away from the adventures of Harry Potter. “I was hoping to have a break from school, and all the children bullying me there. It would have been so nice.”
“What? Children are bullying my son?”
“Yes,” said Jiro, looking up at his father with his sad grey eyes. “I’ve tried to tell the teachers about it, but it comes to no avail.”
Xander sighed. Now both of his children were against him, it seemed. “Alright, children. I’ve changed my decision. We can go with my father.”
Jiro, Sevvie, and Sebbie all cheered. Sebastian reached into the pockets of his enormous black coat and handed Illiam four tickets. “Alright, everyone else is already past the TSA, the plane takes off in almost an hour.”
“Everyone else?” questioned Xander.
“What, do you think I just invited you and your children?”
A massive gathering of Neslines, Alkavovs and von Wolffs were past the TSA. Danill, Cassandra and Bara were at McDonalds, Cassandra trying to get her daughter to eat a chicken nugget as Danill looked disapprovingly on. Kir leaned against the wall in another corner of the restaurant, checking his phone. Esfir was talking- or was she yelling- at a nervous Lukas, who was just trying to read the airport map, and Daniys was hanging out with a woman and her seven children, none of which Xander or Illiam had seen before. Ekaterina was near Daniys, attempting to find the best location in which to take an airport selfie, and Georg was waiting for Sebastian and his estranged son’s family to emerge through the security checkpoint.
Sebastian smirked and pointed to Xander, Illiam, and the children as they finally gathered up all their things as they got through the checkpoint. “See, Georg, what did I tell you? There was no way these children were going to let their father turn down a free trip to disney world!”
“You’re right, I underestimated the power of children.”
Illiam looked over the gathered people, glaring. “Um, Sebastian, what are the Alkavovs doing here?”
“Well, I figured they’re kind of part of our family, too. I also invited your brother and his husband and little Desta, and then I wanted to invite Maelys and her whole extended family, but it was then that Georg threatened to cut my bank card in half! I could have totally afforded it, in fact I budgeted it considering them, well, that’s that. Anyway, your older brother and his family will be meeting us in Florida, then I shall gather us all together and go over the Family Itinerary.”
Sevvie raised her hand. “If it’s all us and then Bara’s dad’s family, where’s Anya and Dr. Helorie and Dr. Whateverface and his wife?”
“They’re down by the gate, Anya’s preboarding.” said Sebastian. “It’s 32B.”
“What about Markus and his brood, and his brother’s wife and kids? Kid?”
Sebastian put his hands to his face in false surprise. “Oh dear! It seems I forgot to inform Markus or Nadia about the vacation! That’s terrible, especially since I already bought their tickets. Oh! Here they are, in my po-” Sebastian fished around in his pocket. “In my po- Oh. I guess I lost them. Well, doesn’t matter, they’re-”
“Grandfather! And uncle Xander!” Sebastian turned around in horror to see Markus, Nadia, and Adrianna behind him. “Oh, what a wonderful surprise this has been, just learning half an hour ago we have a free trip to disney world.” Sebastian looked to Georg desperately, and Georg flashed the envelope that the tickets had been placed in with a toothy smile. Sebastian sighed.
“Seriously though.” said Naida. “Please warn us in advance next time.”
“I don’t get why I have to go to disney world.” complained Adrianna. “Disney world is for babies and stupid people on their honeymoons.”
“Disney world is amazing!” countered Sevvie, stamping on Adrianna’s foot. “You take that back!”
“Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear you say that, because you are a baby!”
“I’m not a baby, I’m-”
“Oh, look, it’s Monroe!” said Sebastian, pointing out his friend and distracting the readers from the presumably baffling ages of all the characters involved in this story. “Monroe, darling, how are you, I’m so happy you and your daughter could come.”
Markus presumably took that as he was also happy that Markus could come, and beamed with joy. “Adrianna, please do not antagonize your cousin. Please be nice to her!”
Adrianna sighed. “Whatever.” She looked at Sebastian, death in her eyes. “I hope you bought me first class tickets, because I only fly first class. Economy class is for poor people, and the Polish.”
Georg put his hands on his great-grandchild’s shoulders. “Well, I think we may be part Polish, so you’re going to get to fly in economy class just like the rest of us. What, is the fact that there’s so many of us that we practically take up a whole section of a plane not good enough for you?”
“And I brought snacks!” said Sebastian, showing off a giant bag that everyone was quite sure
was not there a few moments before. “It’s a very short plane ride, I’m sure we’ll all fit in quite nicely!”
“Are those chicken nuggets?” asked Sevvie. Bara nodded in reply. “Can I have one?” Bara handed Sevvie the whole box.
“I don’t like chicken nuggets.” said Bara, using the communication app on her iPad. “My mom tried to feed them to me.”
“I love chicken nuggets.” said Sevvie, popping them into her mouth two at a time. “Jiro, you want a chicken nugget?”
“Sure!” said Jiro, putting down his Harry Potter book. Secretly Jiro hoped they would get to go to Harry Potter land as well as Disney World, but he wasn’t getting his hopes up. He offered his hand for Sevvie to give him a chicken nugget, but she merely slapped it.
“Well too bad, these are all mine!”
Bara laughed as Jiro sighed and went back to his book. They were now all gathered down at the gate, an enormous crowd of a family. Jiro was contemplating whether or not to talk to the family who had come with his aunt Daniys, who were all Austrian (like his grandfather) and looked as if they would burst out into song at any moment, or to continue reading Harry Potter. He wished his dad had given him some advance warning so he could have packed more books. This one would only last him a few more hours, and he didn’t know if his dad had packed any. There were so many people here, it was overwhelming. His grandfathers, three of his uncles, his two aunts, four of his cousins, two of their spouses, two of their children, Bara’s dad, the entire rest of Bara’s family (7 adults, 2 toddlers, one baby) and the random lady and seven children who’d shown up with his aunt Daniys. Oh right, and Dr. Dely, and uncle Elian’s husband and their baby Desta. That was… 36? Ugh, he was probably off somewhere. Jiro started counting again….
“We are now going to begin boarding United Airlines Flight 457, non-stop service to Orlando Florida. I’d at this time like to ask seniors and people with disabilities to begin boarding.”
Sevvie tugged on Illiam’s sleeve. “That’s us, dad, let’s get Jiro and go. Maybe we can sneak dad on, tell him to start flapping so they won’t suspect him.”
“They don’t mean us, Sevvie. We’ll board with everyone else, based on the number on our ticket, dear.” Illiam pointed to the number on his and Sevvie’s ticket, 3.
“But Bara’s grandpa is getting on now and he’s just as autistic as us!”
Illiam sighed. “He has artificial limbs, Sevvie. It can be difficult for him to move around. Oh, but don’t tell him I told you that.”
“Okay.” Illiam looked at Sevvie’s ticket again. Apparently she wasn’t sitting next to him. “Nesline, come over here, where is my daughter sitting?”
“I put Bara, Desta, and Seva together.” said Sebastian. “Not only do their names match, but I thought they could all get along on a plane, seeing as how they’re around the same age.”
Jiro raised his hand. “How old is Bara in this story?”
Sebastian decided not to answer his grandson’s question. “Don’t worry, Illiam, you’re right in front of them, the next row.”
“Is Desta also autistic in this story? Is she autistic in canon? Can computers be autistic?”
Sebastian ruffled Jiro’s curly blonde locks. “Oh, what strange questions you have, little one. So strange.”
Sevvie sat down next to Desta. “Hi Desta. Do you like Disney World?”
“It’s alright.” said Desta. “My father says its a grand temple to modern consumerism, but my dad says its fun for the kids.”
Sevvie’s eyes boggled. “You have two dads and you call them different names?!”
Desta nodded as she buckled the seatbelt. “I find it makes telling them apart easier.”
“I can always tell your dads apart.” said Sevvie. “One of them looks just like my dad, and is blonde and white, and your other dad is black and has dark hair.”
“I mean for them and other people to tell them apart.” said Desta. “Um, do you have a hard time telling your fathers apart?”
“No, I can always tell my dads apart too.”
The two girls turned to Bara, sitting in the aisle seat, her father across the aisle. “Bara, what’s it like having just one dad?”
Bara tapped out a message on her tablet, then showed it to the other two. “Sometimes, it’s too many.”

Author's Notes: 
I cannot believe this is only the 12th or 13th sniplet! Unlucky number 13, or lucky number 13, I suppose. Unlike other multipart stories, this story will be posted in chapters because to do so otherwise would be one very long, very disney post.
Length: 2573 words
Date: March 2nd, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment