Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 39: Relatable Teen Issues 2

Morti packed up her things to go on an adventure. She dressed in her nicest traveling outfits, put a day’s supply of food in her backpack, and put her holy symbol of Oppo around her neck. Checking her portaterm and Ring of Pronoun Pustule, Morti decided she was ready. It was time for her to help her friends.
Pyotr sighed as he lied on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. During his sorcery lesson, he’d been lectured by his tutor, who’d come since his mother was not available. All the while Zarya continued to make it worse, making her own comments on how Pyotr needed to accept that he and the other Pyotr- the one who everyone loved, everyone accepted as them, all three people in this body- were just the same person after all.
He knew he was supposed to give over control of the body to him after these lessons, but he didn’t. Couldn’t he have it for just a little while longer? He’d spent so many years where he rarely, if ever, got to taste this reality. He’d seen the people who lived in it, and wished he could interact with them, but he was never given the chance.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Pyotr went to the door to open it. It was Morti. “Hi Pyotr!” signed Morti, before giving her friend a big hug. Pyotr smiled. Morti had always been one of the people he’d wanted to be friends with. Her optimistic attitude matched the one he’d like to have, the one he wished he could have towards the world. But then Pyotr remembered. She probably didn’t want to talk to him.
“Do you want me to switch back to um, the person who’s usually in control of this body? I’m sure you don’t want to talk to me me.”
Morti shook her head. “Nope! You’re the right person! Pyotr, I had a dream! About you and your family. You tried to eat dinner with them, but they pushed you away!”
Pyotr blinked. “But that happened yesterday. And how did you dream about it?”
“It’s because we’re connected.” explained Morti. “You know I’m psychic.”
“I didn’t know you were that sort of psychic.”
“I know I can sense when my friends are in physical pain, but I didn’t know it also could alert me when they’re in emotional pain, too. Pyotr, I’m so sorry about your family. I know you’re a different person, a different Pyotr, even if you have the same body and the same name. It’s like your brother and your greatgrandfather, they’re both just named Dmitri.”
Pyotr nodded, but sighed. “Maybe I should get a different name, though. Just because… even though I have a right to this body, and a right to this name, I’m a different person. Maybe it’d help differentiate us. I’ve been thinking about it a lot, you know. Our other… the third person in here, he said he wants to be called Fedor. I like the name Samiul. Maybe you could call me that.”
Morti nodded. “Samiul is a great name. Do you and Fedor get along?”
Samiul shook his head. “Not really. I’ve been with Pyotr since we were born, all those years growing up alongside him, but never being allowed to have control of this body. But Fedor is new. I don’t know where he came from, but he’s new. I guess he just sort of came from us? Our brain? I have no idea how it works. He thinks he’ll be able to take Fedor’s place somehow. Pretend to be him enough to the point where nobody would know it’s him. But Dmitri always knows. Maybe he could pretend to be Dmitri.” Samiul giggled. “He’s a lot more like him than Pyotr, that would probably work a lot better!”
Morti smiled as well. “I think it’s wierd that your family accepts that you somehow kind of exist, but not a person. How did they even know you’re there?”
“They think I’m like a certain type of luminous magician, who has different powers based on what “aspect” they’re in. But that’s not me. I have different powers than Pyotr and Fedor because I’m a different person. It’d be like expecting me and Dmitri to have the same powers, because technically our bodies are kind of identical too.”
Morti listened, and tried to think about it. Then she hugged Samiul again. “Oh, Samiul, I came here because I thought I could fix your problems, but I can’t!”
“You’re at least a big help!” said Samiul. “You’re the first person who’s ever believed me about this stuff.”
“Not even Dmitri?”
Samiul looked down. “I don’t know. Not really. He just kind of ignores it.”
“Well then, let’s go talk to him! He’s your brother, and he needs to be there for you!” Morti turned around, ready to march forward! “Okay, let’s go!”
Dmitri was in his room, reading an engineering book when Morti and Samiul showed up at his door. Answering it, he was very pleased to see Morti. “Hi Morti! How are you doing?”
“That doesn’t matter! Your brother has something very important to tell you!” Morti nudged Samiul forward.
“Dmitri, I know you that you see all the people in this body, all of us as one person. And I know you probably won’t believe me when I tell you I’m three people.”
Dmitri shrugged. “Pyotr, you can be whoever you want to be. Whoevers, even.”
His twin shook his head. “No, it’s not that we’re one person who’s pretending to be three people, we really are three people. We just have to share this body. I’m Samiul. The person who’s usually in control is Pyotr. And the new guy is Fedor.”
“Are you all my brother? Or brothers?”
“Brothers, most definetly.” Dmitri’s eyes lit up.
“Cool, it’s like we’re quadruplets. I always wanted more brothers.”
Morti stepped forward. “But if you’re going to be a good brother, you have to back your brothers up when your parents and Zarya are being mean to them, and not accepting who they are!”
“I tried to help, but I didn't really understand what was happening. Anyway, Now that I know what’s going on, I’ll definitely support you guys!” said Dmitri, giving the thumbs up.
But Samiul remembered something, and sighed in frustration. “But sometimes Pyotr even isn’t sure what’s going on. Me and Fedor, we obviously both know the situation here, but Pyotr just thinks I’m some sort of alternate personality of his. And he’s afraid of Fedor.”
“Then we’ll have to help him accept that he’s not you, you’re just people who share the same body.” said Dmitri. “I’m sure we can do it. There are probably books on this sort of thing, we can find them for him, maybe have him meet people with the same experiences.”
Morti nodded. “Those are great ways to start! I promise I’ll help find some books or people once I go visit Dominik! They’re my next stop on my journey.”
“Tell them we say hi!” said Dmitri.
“Yeah, you can tell them about me.” said Samiul. “I’d like to be friends with Dominik.”
Morti squished Samiul’s cheeks as she told him, telepathically, “I’m sure you two will be best friends! Anyway, see you two later!”
“Bye Morti!”

Author's Notes:
Morti is a good ally in this chapter. She is all we can hope and dream for from an ally. She listens to Sam's problems, helps him talk to his brother, and tells Dmitri what he needs to do. Also, Morti exudes positive energy, so there's that, too.
Length: 1222 words
Date: April 6th  

No comments:

Post a Comment