Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 32. Dr. Checkers Goes To Aaia [TDOV] [Q1]

On Kenisal, the moon moves into the third house of zaty'ria, the weaver's house, the patient house, and the false Aaia is unseen. Dr. Cheykernatll-ma’aai vest’ttnai examines the signs, writing them down into the records. Kenisal has changed, and so has vie.
A ring! Cheykernatll-ma’aai touches the fleshy wall of vir house, and a mouth appears. "Cheykernatll-ma’aai, it is I, n'Kelset. If you would come to my office when it becomes the most convenient for you, I shall be there, waiting."
Cheykernatll-ma’aai hums to the panel. "I shall come now, I shall come." The mouth cannot hear vir reply- it is merely a mouth, but Cheykernatll-ma’aai leaves vir house, and the hands bear vir down the spiraling fallway to the university building, knowing where vie wishes to go. The University building is, of course, an enormous living tower, one of the largest- thanks to they who gave up their independent existence to serve their school. Cheykernatll-ma’aai is placed on the ground by the hands, and glides into the building, who knows vie is coming, and prepared appropriately. A door opens, and Cheykernatll-ma’aai slides through it directly to n'Kelset's office. Any meeting with one's superior is nervewracking. Even when one's superior is as kind and accomodating as n'Kelset.
n`Kelset hovers in their sphere, but their eyes turn at Cheykernatll-ma’aai's approach. "My dear Cheykernatll-ma’aai! Master of worldweaving, they who hear the chorus of the universe, tutor of many wise and educated students!"
"Vie who hears the chorus, my dear n'Kelset, Kenisal has changed, and so have I."
"Has it? I neglected to check the skies before your arrival. I apologize, and hope that what I have to discuss with you shall make up for it. Cheykernatll-ma’aai, your translation of the High Holy Manual, the Technical Theurgical Tome, the Codex Vesania, has caught the ears and eyes of those of the false Aaia. They who live on that planet rejoice at your translation. I have received an opportunity from the University of Kirov. You shall go to their University, and you shall learn from them, and they shall learn from you, if we shall agree to this. You shall be the most educated and knowledgeable professor there in their department of Theurgy, which they refer to in their homeland as Xenotheurgy."
"I know of the translation, I am studied in the Uldoki custom. But do they have need of such learning? I know they of that planet do not understand the value of our weavings, let they be of flesh, or fabric, or soul, or the world itself. They prefer themselves to stay as they are. And I am no ozodrin- not yet. Though my study of flesh grows by the day, this is not an ability I yet possess."
"I am sure if you teach them, they shall come to appreciate weaving at last. And I am sure that soon you shall count yourself among the honorable ranks of the ozodrin." n`Kelset's sphere floats towards vir, and they bubble with excitement. "A rank I can never being possess, not being as solid as one would like! You are young, you are solid, you are studied, I believe you could have fun on that planet! Why, you should have all the fun your hearts desired. And it is only for two of our years."
"Only two years? Well, I suppose that is not long at all. If if is only a pair of years, I shall go."
Aaian eyes are steady. They do not move- they fix in their faces, like the humanoids Aaians call "Kenisans", or young and unbonded Vexans. They stare. They stare at Cheykernatll-ma’aai.
Another humanoid approaches. "Hi, Professor.... Checker kernel atl m...."
"Cheykernatll-ma’aai. Are you Karol?"
"Yes, I'm Karol. I'm here to take you to the university."
"That is wonderful! Wonderful news."
Karol is looking over Cheykernatll-ma’aai strangely as he walks outside to a car. It is a very small vehicle. Karol looks at the size of the car, and the size of Cheykernatll-ma’aai. "Oh, um, sorry, I thought you were going to be smaller... um, let me get a bigger car."
"It is not needed." Cheykernatll-ma’aai slithers into the car, filling up all the space except for one seat, for Karol. "I am very flexible."
"That's great, okay!" Karol gets in the car. "We've managed to find university housing for you to live in while you're here, if that's okay."
"This is suitable. What facilities does it have? Shall it have a pool of balersha for me to luxuriate in?"
"I... I have no idea what that is. Sorry."
Cheykernatll-ma’aai sighs, a long and breezy sigh. "It is fine! I am sure I can find some myself."
"That's great! Oh, um, also, what are your preferred pronouns? I use he pronouns."
Cheykernatll-ma’aai looks to the sky. Greyish blue. Stars not visible. "I do not know yet. I have not checked the skies on your planet yet. Do you happen to have an astrological guide? If we checked this, I think we could know."
"Um, no, I don't. But sunset's in a few hours, if that helps."
"That is an awfully long time to not know, but I suppose we shall wait!"
Nope. The skies are cloudly, genderless, Cheykernatll-ma’aai can find no connection to them. What a frustrating planet this is! It supposes it shall go as it, the pronoun used when no other is better, no other is needed. That is how it feels right now- genderless, disconnected to gender completely.
What a terrible two years this shall be.
Author's Notes: 
One of the stories written for Trans Day of Visibility! Hooray! This story, the other Dr. Checkers Story, and the two Messel Stories form a quartet. To indicate reading order, I've listed a new tag, [Qx]. I hope this helps you enjoy these stories, which I certainly enjoyed writing and still enjoy reading.
Length: 921 Words
Date: March 31st 

No comments:

Post a Comment