Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 15. The Wacky Family Goes To Disney World (Chapter 4) [Modern!AU]

“Isn’t this nice, Ulmer? A random all-expenses paid vacation, and we get to spend time with our friends! Who are also technically our family! Somehow!” said Elian, watching Desta spin around on the teacups ride. Though he loved the teacups, Elian would never again ride them after the traumatic childhood experience of having Illiam throw up in his face.
“Yeah, it is nice.” Ulmer shrugged. “Guess that’s a life pro tip, have rich relatives of relatives.” The teacups stopped spinning, and Desta left her teacup and the random family who she was sitting with and joined her parents once more. “Wow! I know now why that one was your favorite, dad. What should we do next? The haunted mansion? Splash Mountain?”
“What about it’s a small world after all?” suggested Elian.
Desta shook her head. “No, that sounds boring. Let’s go to splash mountain. Come on!”
On the way there, Ulmer pointed out a familiar figure. “Hey, look, it’s Ekaterina.”
“I haven’t seen her since we got off the bus. I wonder why she’s all alone.”
Ekaterina looked sadly at the carousel. Being at disney world all by herself was no fun. There was nobody to talk to in long lines, nobody to decide what ride to go on next with, nobody to enjoy the rides with. She should have just told her mother she was busy. Suddenly, Ekaterina was interrupted from her mood by little Desta. “Hi! You went on the bus with us! I’m Desta!”
Ekaterina turned around to see Desta. “Hi Desta! I’m Ekaterina. I’m, um, Bara’s cousin.”
“Like my cousin Sevvie?”
“Yep, I’m your cousin’s cousin’s cousin.” Desta giggled.
“Why are you all alone? Shouldn’t you be with your family?”
“Oh, my mother is with my grandparents, and my uncle is with my sister’s family. My sister and I don’t really get along.”
“You should come hang out with us! It’ll be fun! Do you like to ride scary rides? My dad says they’re too scary for him, and my father has a heart condition.”
“I do not have a heart condition.” corrected Ulmer, “It’s just that I-”
“Whatever! Anyway, do you? Do you?”
“I’d love to ride all the scary rides with you. But what about the fun ones?”
“We’re going to try to get on splash mountain, and then we’re going to see the parade, and then we’re going to the haunted mansion and then my father says we have to eat, or we’ll lose all our energy and die.”
“Okay, we will not immediately die, but-”
“That sounds like fun! I’d love to come with you!” said Ekaterina. Desta excitedly grabbed the young woman’s hand.
“Then let’s go!”
“That was a very nice tour. I’m glad you could come, Esfir.” said Lukas.
Esfir shuddered. “I now know more than I ever wanted to know about Walt Disney World. Far, far more than I ever wanted to know. Anyway, I’m going to go and try to find my grandkids, see what they’re up to.”
“That sounds like a good idea.” said Lukas. “Thalia, perhaps we should do the same?”
“I dunno.” said Thalia. “I’m sure that Messel and Adrianna are having a wonderful time without us.Plus, um, Lukie, do you really want to hang out with Adrianna?”
“I suppose you have a point."
Thalia grabbed her husband's hand. "Well, what do you want to do next? We could try to find somewhere nice to eat dinner. Avoid the rush?”
Lukas looked at his wrist, before realizing he was wearing his wristband, not his watch. “That would be nice.”
Lukas was suddenly beset on both sides by his two sons. “Father, Father, Adrianna and Messel, we haven’t been able to contact them all day!” exclaimed Markus.
“Like, I’m sure they’re okay, dad, but neither of them are answering their texts, come on, we’ve been looking all over for you, we’ve got to go find them.” Damien pulled on his father’s shirt sleeve, as Lukas reached out helplessly for Thalia.
“Sons, please, calm yourselves, I am sure that your children are fine.”
“That’s what we’ve been saying.” said Osslindi, who was a little ways back, texting someone as she talked. “Damien, Markus, why don’t we go have a nice dinner with your parents. Lukas, Thalia, what have you two even been doing?”
“We took a tour.” explained Lukas. “We learned many useful things. For example, did you know that all of Disney World as we know it is merely the second level of the structure? Beneath are many secret tunnels, that they-”
“That’s fascinating, father, but perhaps not really useful.” said Markus. “Can we go in these tunnels and find Messel and Adrianna.”
“Oh, look, here we go.” said Nadia at last. “Look, husband, it is our daughter and her cousin.” Nadia presented her phone to Markus. The facebook app was open, and a picture of Adrianna, holding the phone that was taking the picture, Messel beneath the arm, waving at the camera was displayed. Below it, a caption read: "Selfie with my fave cousin Messel at WDW! Ha ha, he’s my only cousin! ♥”
“He?” questioned Markus. “Nadia, when did Adrianna start calling Messel he?”
Nadia shrugged. “I do not know. But look, they are safe, and apparently interacting.”
“Let me see that!” said Damien, snatching the phone. “Messel, really, hanging out with Adrianna. Sorry, man, I shouldn’t have abandoned you, make you resort to that.”
“That? That is my daughter?!” huffed Markus.
“Yeah, look, let us stop this argument before anything comes of it. Pops, let us take you out for dinner.”
“You do not have to do that.” replied Lukas. “We have the wristbands. They will let us dine for free.”
“Then I’ll pay the tip for you and Markus, because Markus is a shitty tipper.”
“I am not!” protested Markus.
“Markus, one time you only gave ten percent. Another time I saw you reach over and grab a tip from a different table.”
Markus huffed. “We were in college, and that was a very generous tip for the meal we purchased.”
Damien opened his mouth to retort, but Osslindi slid in between them. “Boys, boys, let’s let polygons be polygons.”
“Bygones be bygones?” asked Thalia.
“Whatever it is.” said Osslindi. “And we’ll all enjoy a nice dinner. I got us reservations at the Liberty Tavern, we can go there, eat food, they’ve got a buffet, and relax.”
“Dmitri, do not play with your food.” said Anya, putting a bite of linguini into Zarya’s expecting mouth.
“Aw, but mom, it’s spaghetti.” The boy finally swallowed down his noodles, then speared a meatball with a fork. “Also, I’m Pyotr.”
“No you’re not, dear.”
Helorie hesitated before he spoke. “Anya, I hate to tell you you are wrong. But that is definitely Pyotr.”
Anya looked back at her two older children and examined them. “Oh, come on, you must have switched clothes!!”
Kir, who was not yet finished with his soup, and who was still insisting on finishing it, even though a hot, delicious plate of ravioli was before him, nodded. “I think they did change when I took them to get dry after we were finished with splash mountain."
Anya sighed. “I wonder if Sebastian ever had this sort of trouble with his twins. Oh, or Kir, if your parents ever had this trouble with you.”
“I think you’d be better off asking Elian and Illiam.” said Kir. “Danill and I are, um, not exactly identical. Not by a long shot.”
“HI DORKS! It’s me, the world’s one and only Sevvie!” Sevvie popped out of nowhere and slammed her hands on the table. “Hi Dmitri. Hi Pyotr. What are you eating? Do they have pizza here?”
“Seva, where are your parents?” asked Helorie.
Sevvie pointed to where Jiro, Xander, and Illiam were making their way to their table. “They said I could come over and say hi. Did you guys go on It’s a Small World After all? I have. Do you know the song? Do you want to sing?”
“Sevvie, darling, you should go back and see your parents so you can order your dinner. Then come over and see the twins.”
“My mom’s right.” said Dmitri. “And we haven’t. But we might after dinner. Is it really long? Is there a lot of singing?”
“You bet!” exclaimed Sevvie. “Oh, it’s a world of laughter, a world of tears, it’s a world of soaps and a world of spears, and the time that we care, and the time that we care, it’s a small world after all! It’s-”
“Seva, there you are!” said Illiam. “We were wondering where you went.”
“I thought you said your fathers told you that you could come over and say hi.” said Kir.
“They would have if I would have asked them. Dad, I’m just visiting Dmitri and Pyotr and their parents and…. that guy.”
“Oh, yes, that guy, that’s me.” mumbled Kir. "Almost your father, just that guy."
“Come along, Sevvie, you need to order your dinner. Now, they’ve got your favorite, pizza, but you could be a little more adventurous and try the spaghetti, or maybe the grilled cheese dippers.”
“I’ll have the pizza.” said Sevvie. “Bye wierd people!”
Illiam sighed as he led Sevvie to their table. “You’re just like your father, you know that? They’ve got a delightful shrimp scampi here, some nice fish, and he lit up when he saw there was steak. If it’s possible to die of steak overdose, that man will.”
“Dad will never die.” said Sevvie. “Neither will you, dad. You’ll live a million years and then a million more and a million more and so on until the end of time.”
Illiam sighed. “Of course, dear. Come on, sit down. Jiro, what are you going to order? Are you going to want some of my calamari, dear?”
“Bird!” signed Bara, before pointing to a giant white egret that had appeared right behind her, clacking its beak and hungering for the turkey leg in Bara’s hand. Bara offered the turkey leg out to the bird, and her father sighed.
“Bara, that is not why I bought you that turkey leg, it is for you to eat, number one, and number two, that is not the natural diet of that sort of bird.” The bird snatched the turkey leg from Bara and wandered off, Bara clapping her hands excitedly at the bird sighting.
“Let’s go eat dinner!” signed Bara. Her mother, who was nomming on a turkey leg of her own, shook her head.
“Bara, honey, I thought you wanted to eat turkey legs for dinner. I didn’t know you were just going to give it to a bird.”
“It is such a nice bird.” commented Bara, watching the bird eat another bird for its dinner. Much to the girl’s delight, a few other egrets grouped together, joining in on the feast. “I fed it, so now it is my friend. Let’s go eat dinner!”
“Hey! Cassie!” Daniys called out to Cassandra, who was entering the futuristic themed cafe, Bara, Danill, and turkey leg in tow. “Hey!”
“Hey Daniys. Is the food here good?” asked Cassandra. “I mean not for me, I thought we were having turkey legs for dinner, but you know, for Bara and Danill.”
“I dunno, it’s cool. You get to watch that weird alien sing and play his organ really fakely. I wonder if it’s a real dude or an animatronic. If it’s real, I wanna have a talk with him about how to better look like you’re playing a keyboard instrument.”
“But what about the food?” asked Cassandra. Daniys turned around and looked at Bara.
“Kid, do you like chicken? Or turkey?” Bara nodded her head. “Then you’re going to do just fine. Dad, you can also eat, or you can just sit down and watch the show with us. Come on, you can bring more chairs over here. The table Daniys was sitting at was simply her and Brigitta, the other 7 von Brandt children spread out over two other tables. “Or Bara, you can sit with the other kids.”
“That sounds like fun.” replied Bara. “Come on, dad, let’s go!”
“This is too much chicken for one person.” said Danill, poking at his chicken.
“I’ll eat it if you don’t.” said Daniys. “I’m starving, man, we skipped lunch today, the kids are just up up and up! Always going. I love them.” However, Danill did not seem so amused.
“You skipped lunch? Daniys, lunch is the most important meal of the day. Both for you, and your children!”
“We got them some extra snacks, they’re fine, look at them eating now!” Daniys pointed to the kids, who were trying to sing along with Sonny Eclipse, the potentially animatronic alien, and failing.
“My children are strong and hardy, they can go without meals.” said Brigitta. “Does your Bara collapse if she is not fed?” Bara was at the next table over, clapping her hands in time with the other children’s singing.
Cassandra sighed. “No, Danill is just the founder of the “Real Most Important Meal Lunch Club”.”
“If Lunch was truly the most important meal, wouldn’t that name be redundant?” questioned Brigitta.
“Lunch is the most important meal, and it’s not redundant, we not only talk about lunch, but we also eat lunch, cheerfully and happily, as it provides vital nutrients to get us from breakfast to dinner!” said Danill briskly. “And I do not appreciate my club being made fun of.” Danill paused. “And you can have the rest of my chicken.” He slid the fourth of a rotisserie chicken remaining over to Daniys. “Unlike some people, I had a nice, big, lunch.”
“I’m just not sure why you thought “I know where to take my son, husband, and husband’s best friend for life for dinner, to see some lady in a costume pretend to be a fictional character! That’s a splendid dining experience for all!””
“It’s cool to see Cinderella.” said Dominik. “This is Disney World, dad, we’re having fun.”
“The food is also nice here.” commented Monroe. “I can order rice and vegetables for dinner, and nobody thinks I am strange, it is just an item on the menu. There is also a wide variety of cheese.”
“It’s a lovely place, darling, calm yourself. Everyone is having a good time except you.” Sebastian put his hand on Georg’s hand, but the man tensed up more. Sebastian sighed. “Oh, look, that must be our dinners.”
“Rice with Roasted Vegetables, Steak and Shrimp, the Fish of the Day, and the Roasted Chicken Leg for the little boy.” Dominik let out a sigh, and the waiter tensed up. “Um, I’m sorry, big boy.”
Dominik looked at the chicken glumly, appetite slightly spoiled. Once the waiter was out of earshot, Sebastian rested a hand on his child’s shoulder. “Dominik, darling, I’m sorry, he didn’t mean any-”
“I know, dad.” Dominik sliced the chicken, putting a bite into mouth. The child’s eyes suddenly grew wide as a certain someone approached the table. “Oh my gosh, Princess Ariel! This is so cool, dad, you have to get a picture of us together!”
“Oh, Adrianna, there you are, I’ve been worried sick about you all day!” Adrianna rolled her eyes as her father wrapped her in a protective, bone-crushing hug.
“Dad, ugh, stop. I had a great time, it was cool. Messel and I hung out, we’re friends now.”
“We are?” asked Messel, smiling slightly.
“Yeah, we totes are. We can hang out tomorrow, when we go to zoo tycoon world.”
“The animal kingdom?” asked Lukas. “Did you know that-”
“Yeah, the Animal Kingdom. Um, are the animals there real, or just like, animatronics? What happens if I am allergic to them?”
Messel smiled at Adrianna. “I’m sure we’ll be fine. Do you get sick at the zoo?”
“Only sick if the animals are ultra gross.” said Adrianna. “But this is a nice place, it should have nice animals.”
Markus let Adrianna go at last. “Adrianna, can I talk to you in private?”
“Actually, dad, Messel and I are trying to go find a nice place to see the firework show, apparently it’s really cool. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Adrianna and Messel walked off, Messel briefly waving to his own parents. The fireworks show would soon begin.
“FI RE WORKS! FI RE WORKS!” exclaimed Sevvie. Much to Anya and Helorie’s dismay, the Ashbur-Nesline family had grouped up with their family, a massive gathering of adults who didn’t like each other very much (or were married) and children who did. Making matters worse were Kir’s wistful glances, every now and then, at Illiam and his happy family.
One of the members of said happy family was not actually happy, however. Having to go on all of Sevvie’s rides, nothing he wanted to do, getting all his ideas shot down, getting to watch adults eat delicious foods as he ate from the kids menu, Jiro was putting on a smiling face for his fathers, who he assumed wanted to see him smiling and joyful at Disney World, but inside was disappointed. He also felt neglected. Sometimes Jiro felt like Sevvie was the star of his life, the leading role, rather than his own self. It was like their school play, where Sevvie got to play the singing and dancing Princess Octopus, and Jiro was seaweed. The underwater equivalent of a tree.
Kir edged on over closer to Illiam. “So…. Illiam…. um, how’s it going?”
“How’s it going? I’m with my family at disney world, trying to see fireworks. Um, and no offense, what are you doing here? Xander, why did you father invite my ex?”
“He is his grand-daughter’s uncle.” replied Xander.
“I didn’t mean that literally, Xanxan.”
“Oh. I’m sorry.”
“FIREWORKS!? WHERE ARE THE FIREWORKS!?’
“They’re not scheduled to start for another ten minutes, Sevvie.” said Pyotr, pointing to the brochure. Sevvie let out a massive whigh, half whine, half sigh.
“I WANT MY FIREEEWORKS”
“Um, so, are you and the kids enjoying yourselves? Having a good time without me?”
Illiam turned to look at Kir. “Kir, for one, you are standing right there. For two, my husband, is also, standing right there.”
“I am.” said Xander. “Kir, I don’t understand the questions you are asking my husband. Do you have any more pointless questions?”
“He’s hitting on me, Xander!”
Xander’s eyes grew wide. “Cease your flirtations with my husband AT ONCE!” He pushed Kir, who accidentally fell onto Helorie, who was rubbing his forehead at all the noise.
“Kir, um, thank you for taking my children around disney world, you are a very good great uncle cousin to them, but I think it’s time for you to-” Helorie was interupted by Kir pushing him.
“Oh!? Oh, is that how you feel? I babysit your kids and now you’re telling me to go away?”
“Kir, we were there 90% of the time.” said Anya. “And if you keep hitting on a man who is clearly not interested in you, also married, then yes!”
“FINE! I’m going to go off on my own and GET DRUNK!”
Sevvie stopped chanting fireworks to look at her dads. “Why is Pyotr and Dmitri’s weird relative leaving?”
“Sevvie, darling, that man and I have an… interesting past. At one point, I dated him.”
“You dated other people besides dad?” asked Sevvie. “Eew, gross!”
“I agree.” said Xander. “But now your father and I are together. We are bonded for life. That man is very disrespectful and rude. Illiam, in the future, we should disguise you as your brother so he hits on him instead.”
Illiam rolled his eyes. “I can’t even begin to describe why that would be a bad idea.”
“This is amazing! We can see the fireworks right out our window!” said Dominik, looking out at the fireworks outside the castle.
“See, Georg, now do you appreciate what I’ve done? Allowing our child to see the fireworks from Cinderella’s castle?”
“Oh, yeah, sure, that’s magical, great, spectacular.” Georg said. “I wonder how much it cost?”
Sebastian sighed, and opened his mouth to speak, but Monroe interrupted him. “Is happiness worth any price? It can’t be bought or sold, so our attempts to find it are priceless. This is a very nice vacation. I’m enjoying it very much. The only thing that would make it better is if Maelys was here.”
Sebastian tried not to smile very much and give the game away. “Well, that would certainly make it much more magical, wouldn’t it? Dominik, darling, after the fireworks, how do you feel about going back to the hotel?”
“Can I go in the pool?”
“Of course, dear.”
Dominik nodded and smiled excitedly. “This is a really nice vacation. Probably the best one I’ve been on yet.”
“Well, I’m glad you’re enjoying it, s- child.” said Georg. “These are nice fireworks. Hey, maybe I can go back to the room and finally get some rest.”
Almost the entire family plodded back to the room via bus. While the adults were mostly tired, the children were not. Some of them even wanted to go to the pool, like Dominik. Xander was not tired. “Illiam, I am going to the fitness center, I need to get my daily workout. You shall supervise Seva and Jiro while I am gone.”
Illiam let out a long sigh as he plopped down on the couch. “What, like going on the small world ride and walking miles around the park wasn’t enough?”
“No. It was not. See you soon.” Xander left, towel in hand, and Sevvie and Bara, both wearing swimsuits, appeared in front of Illiam. “And now we’re going to the pool!”
Illiam blinked. “We are?”
“Can you take Dominik along, too?” asked Sebbie, pushing Dominik, clad in a strange one-piece full body swimsuit in front of Illiam.
“I guess we’re going to the pool, kids, just let me change first.” The children collectively clapped or cheered, and Illiam went to gather his things. Thalia and Lukas were still at the park, and Cassandra and Danill had gone off to pray. As Illiam changed and left the room, children in tow, Sebastian turned to Georg.
“Now we’ve finally got the room all to ourselves, Georg. Do you know what means?”
“That means I can get some peaceful sleep!” Georg laid down on the bed, not bothering to change into pajamas or get under the covers, when Monroe emerged from the bathroom.
“I am also here. This is such a large bed.” Monroe laid down next to Georg, and Sebastian sighed, sitting down. Suddenly, Georg remembered something.
“Oh, shit, I need my pills. Sebbie, where are my pills?”
“Aren’t they in your bag? Oh, no, now I remember, I had to put them with Damien’s things, sorry!”
Georg sighed. “Guess I’m not going to sleep.” Getting off the bed, he went to go out of the room. Leaving it, he tried to remember which direction Damien’s room was. Then, suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted someone. Someone who he was not expecting to be here.
“Maelys?!?”

Author's Notes: It is my fondest dream to return to this story and finally finish the epic disney saga. However, will this be the case? Who knows. 
Length: 3814 words 
Date: March 4th, 2015
Total Disney Saga Length: 13582 words

No comments:

Post a Comment