Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 22. Sevvie and The Girl Scouts- More Cookies, More Money [Modern!AU]

"Hi dads!" said Sevvie, jumping out from underneath the couch. "Guess what time of year it is?"
"Time for you to stop hiding under things! You're all dusty, Sevvie!" exclaimed Illiam.
"WRONG!" screeched Sevvie. "It's cookies sales, dads!"
Xander smiled widely. "Seva, we shall be happy to help you sell as many cookies as you desire. Why, I can probably sell hundreds for you at work. And we shall buy some for the whole family to enjoy."
"Yeah! We gotta ask everyone we know! Your dads! Your parents! All my aunts and uncles! Even Bara's side of the family." Sevvie shuddered at the thought of talking to Alkavovs. "Come on dads, we can really do it! My goal is 3000 boxes sold!"
"What?!" exclaimed Illiam. "Sevvie, darling, don't you think a more reasonable number would be better to aim for? Like, what about, 200 boxes, dear?"
"I'M GOING TO SELL 3000 boxes!" shouted Sevvie. "And you're going to help. Jiro!" Jiro tried to hide behind his books. "Watch this, dads. Jiro, how would you like to buy some girl scout cookies!" 
"Um, I think our dads will buy them for us."
"Jiro, we're pretending. How would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?"
"Um, okay, sure, I'll have three boxes of thin mints, two boxes of samoas, and um, two boxes of Savanna Smiles, Sevvie."
"WRONG! You'll run out in a week!"
"Seva, darling, you might not want to scream at the customers." commented Illiam gently. "Why don't you ask your brother politely?"
"Jiro, um, remember, girl scout cookies are once a year. Think of how sad you'll be once your cookies are gone. Maybe you want to buy a few more?" 
"What about four boxes of thin mints, three boxes of samoas, two boxes of savanna smiles, and one box of trefoils?" said Jiro.
"Okay, deal!" Sevvie ran off. 
"Sevvie, darling, where are you going?" 
"To break open Jiro's piggy bank! I've made my first sale!" 
"Sevvie, I thought we were pretending! I don't really want that many cookies! Noooooo!"
**
"Poppop! Poppop! And Grandpa 3000!"
"I still don't know why I'm 3000, kiddo." said Georg, rustling Sevvie's hair. "Are you here to sell us girl scout cookies?"
"Yeppers! My goal this year is to sell 3000!" 
"3000 cookies?" asked Sebastian.
"No! 3000 boxes. So far, from Jiro, I have 10, the dads, 20, dads patients, 150, my other dads patients, 170, and, of course, neighbors, 50 boxes." Sevvie sighed sadly, dramatically, and pouted. "It seems like my dads are selling way more boxes than me. I wish I could sell more. Maybe they're the real girl scouts."
Sebastian looked as if he would cry. "Seva, please, give me that form right away. I will order as many girl scout cookies as you desire!" 
"Sebastian!" said Georg, but Sevvie was already handing the pen and forms to Sevvie, 
"What about ten of each?" said Sevvie. "That'll keep you for a good while! Plus you can enjoy each of the different types, that's 80 cookies. They even have gluten free this year." 
Sebastian checked off 12 of each and handed it back to Sevvie. "Here you go, darling. And I'll write you a check straight away."
"Thank you, Poppop! You're the best cookie grandpa ever!" 
***
"Girl Scout Cookies?" asked Messel. "Oh, Valentina and Cariad will love them. I think I'll order two boxes of Samoas for Valentina, and two boxes of thin mints for Cariad."
"Only two? For each of them? And don't you need some for yourself, too?" asked Sevvie.
"Hm, you're right. I guess I could buy them three each, and then two boxes of thin mints for myself. Um, how much are girl scout cookies, anyways?"
***
"WOW, thank you, Ms. Alkavov! You've bought more cookies than anyone except for my grandpa! You must really like Samoas."
"Helorie loves Samoas. And what, Sebastian bought more than us? What for? Sevvie, how about this, I didn't even count in my children in buying these cookies, I'll buy 10 more boxes for Dmitri and Pyotr and Varya, and also I'll send some to my church." 
"You were going to eat fifty boxes of cookies just for yourself and your husband?" asked Sevvie.
Anya looked away from Sevvie. "Just.... just give me the form, okay?" 
***
"Hi Uncle Elian! Hi Desta! Do you guys want to buy some girl scout cookies!" 
"Oh, Sevvie, Desta is a girl scout, we buy cookies from her?" 
"So... so you won't even buy one box from me?" asked Sevvie.
"Sevvie, I want to support Desta's troop, and-"
"Why don't you buy some from me, too? You love cookies, every human being does! You can never have enough girl scout cookies! Support all girl scouts."
"Sevvie, I-"
"I can sing our Cookie Song! COOKIES, COOKIES, COOKIES...." 
***
Elian, looking over the five boxes of thin mints, sighed. "She's demanding like a Nesline, but sings like an Ashbur."
***
"Hi, Aunty Sasu! Do you like Girl Scout Cookies?"
Sasudama smiled at Sevvie. "I do, darling. I used to be a girl scout, when I was a little girl, long ago. I've heard you're a girl scout too!"
"I am! Do you want to buy some cookies!?"
"Do I! Seva, how many did your dads buy?"
"20. But people at their work sold a lot more."
"I'll take my form to my gang, I can sell hundreds. And I'll buy twice as many as your dads bought." 
"Okay! Thank you Aunty Sasu! You're the best!" 
"Anything for you, Sevvie."
***
"Who said I wasn't going to make my quota!" 
"I did." sighed Illiam. "Well, I actually said that you should have a more realistic goal, but-"
"And how many boxes of girl scout cookies did I sell?"
"3335." groaned Illiam.
"3335!" said Sevvie. "Don't be sad, dad. We earned around 2607 dollars for our troop! Isn't that great!"
"Just all that money... going through our hands... Sevvie, you handled around 16 thousand dollars..."
Sevvie opened a box of Samoas. "I actually never had a girl scout cookie before." She bit into it, chewing, then spat it out. "EW! This is what I was selling ot people?" 
"Sevvie, your father rather enjoys them."
"You don't have to talk about yourself in the third person, dad."
"I was refering to your other parent. XANDER! Come eat these Samoas!" 
Xander did not have to be told twice. Rushing over, he took the box from Sevvie and began dumping cookies into his mouth. "Oh, Samoas. How they give my toungue such a delightful tingly feeling."
"Ew, gross! Now my tongue is tingling, too!." said Sevvie.
Illiam blinked. "I think you two are allergic to coconut." 
"Who cares?" asked Xander. "Yes, sometimes, I do puff up, but I will do it. I will do it for Samoas."

Halfway through cookie season, troop 172 joined together for their weekly meeting. After the usual buisness of the flag ceremony and all the introductory things, Nadia had a very important question for the girls.
"Alright, cookie numbers. How many boxes? How many boxes of girl scout cookies have you each sold?"
Lydia, as usual, went first, letting out a small sigh, "I sold two. I don't like cookies. My brother bought a box of thin mints, and a box of trefoils. But he's got to 'maintain his figure', so no more."
Samantha looked at her sheet. "Um.... 12? I'm not really good at it, sorry!"
Catalynn also nodded. "I've sold 20 boxes of cookies, and I might be able to sell a few more. I met my goal though, so I'm happy!"
Amirah sighed. "I sold two boxes, too. I don't wanna talk about it."
Mimzy shot up like a rocket. "I sold one hundred boxes of cookies! My mom is so proud of me. She says she no longer has to fear the judging eyes of other girl scouts who don't understand why she needs a hundred boxes!" 
"That's well done, Mimzy. Girls, let's remember that booth sales are yet to come, and even those of us who did not sell many cookies as preorders can enjoy selling many a cookie at the booths." Nadia said. Izevel gave Nadia a sort of ???? look, but kept taking notes. "Alright, Sevvie, how many cookies did you sell?
"I dunno." said Sevvie.
"You don't know? Seva, did you not try to sell any at all?"
"I did sell some! I just need to put all my sheets together. Look, here they are." Sevvie pulled out a little pocket calculator, and Nadia looked to Alice. "Alice, how many cookies did you sell?"
Alice stood on top of her chair. "MORE THAN ALL OF YOU! I sold 120 boxes of cookies, I am the cookie champion!" 
"Cookies are not a competition, dear." said Izevel. "We're all going to use this money together, to go to Camp Arrowhead and have a good time!"
Alice sighed and sat back down."I still think it's cool, though. And I'll try to sell a lot more at the booth, too."
"I sold 70 boxes of cookies!" signed Morti. "My big brother Vara helped me sell them. He was really nice to all the customers, and we-"
"1674!" said Sevvie. "I counted all my numbers up, we sold 1674 cookies!" 
Nadia was stunned, unable to say anything, but Izevel gently commented. "That's wonderful, Seva. That'll really help our trip out a lot, and I'm sure you and your parents must be very proud. Though remember what we said about interrupting people?"
Sevvie sighed. "Yeah, yeah, sorry Morti."
"It's okay."
Olive looked directly at Alice. "Well, I may not have sold a thousand boxes of cookies, but I sold 150 boxes. I went to my parents friends, door to door, and I even held a cookie rally at my school." 
Izevel clapped her hands together excitedly. "Girls, we are all working hard together to make our trip to Camp Arrowhead the best ever! Everyone who sells cookies is building a giant pyramid of cookies, a pyramid that we will exchange to the girl scouts of america for money, money that we will use to-" 
Nadia whispered something in Izevel's ear, and Izevel blinked. "I'm- Nadia, I'm not going to tell them that!" 
"I will tell them, then. Girls, we are all working hard on selling our cookies, and the money we have raised so far will support us, not only for our trip for camp arrowhead, but well into next year!" 
"Yippee!" said Sevvie. "We're the best girl scout troop ever. Hi fives all around!" 
***
"We have to sell more than Sevvie." said Alice, sitting at the top of Sevvie's backyard playset. Sevvie herself was running around her backyard, playing with her pet Corgi, Ms. Bitey, who, true to name, would occasionally bite the girl. "If we don't, we'll never live it down."
"I also really want to go to Great Wolf Lodge." said Olive. "Whenever I ask my moms to take me there they just take me to a regular waterpark. I don't want to go to a regular waterpark, I want to go to great wolf lodge."
"Great Wolf Lodge is stupid. I'm going to go on a cheetah adventure."
"Aren't we not supposed to say words like...." Olive's voice dropped to a whisper. "stupid.... at Girl Scouts?"
"This isn't girl scouts anymore, this is Sevvie's backyard! So anyway, we both have to sell more than Sevvie, than Dr. Nadia will see she's not so special! We have to make a blood oath to become Cookie Queens!" 
"Did somebody say blood oath?" said Samatha, who had finally climbed up to the top of the playset. "If there's anything involving a blood oath, I want in!"
***
"Girl Scout Cookies! Get your Girl Scout Cookies here! You know you want them! You know you want to eat them with your mouth! Tasty, Tasty, Girl Scout Cookies!" Alice and Morti were at their booth, with Vara watching them carefully. Alice yelled at the customers, Morti signed to them, and Vara hit anyone who tried to steal cookies. Those were their jobs.
A man approached Alice. "How much for a box of thin mints?"
"It's the same for any cookie, five dollars for any cookie. But how about two boxes of thin mints? Look at these boxes, they look so big but when you start eating them, you won't be able to stop, you'll run out. And remember, every box of cookies helps us to go Camp Arrowhead, a real Girl Scout Camp."
The man laughed. "Alright, you convinced me, here's ten dollars."
"Here's your cookies, thank you VERY much! Cookies! Girl Scout Cookies! We've got them all, the classics, and the new ones! We even have gluten free! Finally you can enjoy gluten free girl scout cookies!"
A teenager approached the stand. "Are these girl scout cookies made with real girl scouts?" he said, before bursting out laughing. 
"Nope, that is illegal and called cannibalism. Each girl scout cookie is-"
"I don't care, you little brat!" The boy knocked down the elaborate cookie display that Morti had spent at least half an hour setting up. Vara sprung from his chair and began chasing the boy, who ran into the supermarket to escape. 
"My display.... my display.... the cookies!" 
A crowd had gathered around, and Alice took advantage of the opportunity. "Morti, are you okay? I know you spend so long, setting up all those cookies... Now we'll have to set it up all again...."
"No you won't!" said a man. "I'll buy those cookies!"
"I'll buy some too!"
"Let's all pitch in and buy those cookies!" 
Alice counted the money- 400 dollars- as Morti began setting up a new display. "Man, we should have paid that kid, he made buisness for us! 80 boxes of cookies sold. Let's see how Sevvie likes us now."
***
"Oh, I'm sorry dear, I'm diabetic. Though I enjoy them, I would rather not buy your girl scout cookies."
Olive looked as if she would be about to cry. "I'm so sorry.... so sorry for having bothered you at all. I'm a terrible girl scout!"
The woman lightened up. "Well.... perhaps I could buy some... my daughter may like these cookies, or I could give them to my bingo friends... here dear, two boxes of the "thinned mints"."
Olive handed the old woman two boxes of cookies and took her ten dollars, putting it in the cash box with all the others. Izevel patted her daughter. "I don't think you're a terrible girl scout dear."
"Oh, mom, um-"
"Don't tell me you said that just to get her to buy some cookies!"
"Look mom, here's another customer. Hello! Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?"
"Sorry, I don't eat cookies." said the man. 
"Then how about donating some cookies to our troops overseas? Don't you think they would enjoy a nice box of girl scout cookies?"
The man approached the booth, smiling. "Oh, that's wonderful. I would have enjoyed some girl scout cookies when I was in the military. How about four boxes. Do I have to say what kind?" 
"Nope, we'll just mark you down for donating them."
The man handed over twenty dollars, and Olive smiled, "Thank you very much!" 
**
"Alright, girls, let's give our totals again. How many cookies have you now sold?"
"Three." said Lydia. "My brother bought another box of thin mints. He told me not to tell you guys."
"What about at the booth, Lydia?" asked Nadia. "The booths you went to?"
"I sold no cookies at the booths. Nobody bought even a single cookie."
"Alright, Samantha?"
"I'm proud to say I sold 57 boxes of cookies." said Samantha. "Now I'm at 69, and I hope I can reach my goal of 100 before cookie season is over."
"That's a very good goal to have. Alright, Amirah?"
"I sold 40 boxes of cookies at the five booths I went to. I think it'd be cool to get to 50."
Mimzy looked down at her list. "Well, my mom and I went to a booth, but she got really aggressive with the customers who wanted to buy thin mints, and in the end we sold everything but the thin mints there, and my mom just bought them and took them home. So now I've sold 140 boxes of cookies. I think another booth could be fun."
"Do as many booths as you like and can, Mimzy." said Nadia. "And always bring your mother. Alright, Seva, do you have numbers this week?"
"2732." said Sevvie. "I'm shooting for 3000." 
"Oh, Sevvie, what a wonderful goal."
"HOW DID YOU SELL MORE?" shrieked Alice. "Where did you even find those people?"
"I sold them to family, friends, people at school, and my Aunty Sasu's women's biker gang. Did you know that they love girl scout cookies? That's a fun fact!"
Nadia beamed with pride. "We will not only be able to go to Camp Arrowhead, but far beyond. You all are far more successful than any troop I've led before."
"And you guys are a great group of girls who all have a lot of fun!" said Izevel. "Cookies aren't that important in the grand scheme of things, they just help us do other fun things, like the things we do the other 10 months of the year."
"Cookies are very important." disagreed Nadia. "But your points are also extremely true. Alright, Alice."
Alice sighed and drummed her hands on the table. "1500! Only 1500 stinking cookies!" 
"I sold 1600." said Olive. "We-"
"No you didn't! You're lying!" screamed Alice. "How could you sell that many cookies?"
"Girls, girls, let's calm down, they're only cookies! In the end, it doesn't matter who sold how many cookies, we're all going to Camp Arrowhead, and whatever other fun place we decide to go to after that!" said Izevel. But Olive wasn't going to stop.
"I was nice and polite to my customers, and I worked really hard, and I didn't even get to go to the third grade dance, because I was busy selling cookies! I worked hard! And mom, we should get some recognition! Because we gave up stuff to sell all these cookies!" 
"Morti, how many cookies did you sell?" asked Nadia, who was perfectly willing to let all the girls argue. 
"I sold zero cookies." signed Morti. "And I put down the cookies I sold as Olive's, so her numbers would be better."
"Uh, she says she didn't sell any." said Alice. "It's really hard for her to sell cookies, because she can't talk and stuff." 
"No it isn't! I went to events in the Deaf community with Vara and sold them to all our Deaf friends and neighbors! In fact, I think I sold more than you!" signed Morti.
"Yeah, the last time we did numbers I let her have some of my cookies, but since she really didn't sell them I put them on mine when I saw all the cool rewards I could get." 
"Alice, it seems to me you are lying. Morti, can you write down what you are trying to tell us, dear?" 
"I sold a lot of cookies." wrote Morti, "I sold them to Deaf people and other people who use sign language. I put them on Alice's so her numbers would be better and because of her silly blood pact with Olive to sell more cookies than Sevvie." Morti showed the writing to the group, and Alice tried to grab it and rip it up. Izevel offered out her hand, and, after a moment of hesitation, she gave it to the older woman, who showed the writing to everyone.
"Look, girls, girl scouts is not supposed to be a competition. It is supposed to be fun, for every girl!" said Izevel. "Some girls are better at selling cookies than others. Some girls are better at knitting, or hiking, or swimming, or flying airplanes than others! We need to accept that everyone has their own unique skills, and use our skills together to make the world a better place for everyone! Okay, girls, what do you think that Alice should have to do to apologize to her sister?" 
"She should have to jump in a pit of snakes!" said Sevvie.
"She should have to make a blood pact never to do it again and to be the best sister ever!"
"She should be kicked out of the troop." said Lydia. "It will set a precedent that people can be kicked out for such a thing, and then I will attempt the same during the fruit and nut sale."
"Nobody is being kicked out of the troop." said Nadia. "Though I do like the blood pact idea...."
"Alright, what about instead of a blood pact, Alice has to go to the other room and write a letter of apology to Morti, and then come back here and appologize and promise to be better in the future? Morti, does that sound good?"
Morti nodded, although really she felt like Alice's cookies should be counted as hers instead. She really wanted to go to the Great Wolf Lodge.
***
"Alright, girls, the final cookie total is, 7,314 boxes sold. Girls, that is astonishing! We earned 3657 dollars, and even more considering your own cookie bucks! With all that money, where do we want to go?" 
"THE MOON!" screamed Sevvie. "I want to go to the moon!"
Izevel looked over the numbers. "Well, that is not enough money to go to the moon, but what about something like space camp. I'll write that down as an idea. Who else has an idea? Once we've written the down, we can all vote." 

Author's Notes: 
This was originally posted as chapter 2 of the girl scouts, but it makes logical sense and is listed as its own story. Stay tuned for Sevvie and The Girl Scouts- Trip To The Cakery, where the girls visit Uncle Elian (who is actually only Sevvie's Uncle), bake cakes, and Illiam and Elian yell at each other. Also, Jiro may be there, because Jiro exists. 
Fun Fact: I almost listed only half of this story as the story because facebook put it like, days after it was posted.
Length: 3971 words
Date: March 21st, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment