Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 29. Meet The Parents- Xander [Modern!AU]

Illiam was at home, fussing over baby Sevvie when he heard the phone ring. He crossed the room and picked it up, answer it. "Illiam Ashbur speaking."
"Oh, my goodness, this must be the wrong number, I'm looking for my son Xander." said a strange but familiar male voice on the other end.
"No, no, this is the right number. I'm his husband. Who is this?"
"His husband!? What? I'm his father!"
Xander came home to Sebastian sipping tea and chatting with Illiam in the living room, Georg attempting to look out the back window. "Xander, darling, when were you going to tell me about this charming young man, or that little angel of a daughter you have?"
Xander attempted to find his words, tried to speak. But the only thing he could spit out was, "You are not permitted in my house!"
"It's my house too, Xander. Have another ginger cookie, Sebastian."
"Don't mind if I do, darling. Anyway, when were you going to tell us, hmm? I knew you were finally seeing someone, Cassie told me, but not that you were married!"
"It is extremely recent, both. Seva is only a month old, and she was born during our honeymoon. I did not inform you because you are no longer in control of my life."
"I've never been in control of your life, Xander, even when you were a child I was your father, not some puppetmaster. Seva, that's so sweet, does she have any nicknames?"
"Yeah, like Sevvie?" asked Georg, pulling himself away from the window. "I'm going to call her Sevvie."
"That's a charming nickname, I'm going to start calling her that too." said Illiam. Xander rubbed his forehead, trying to make this scene go away. Maybe this was all a horrible nightmare.
"Seva! Does not have any nicknames! I enjoy Seva. It is an elegant and classical name for an elegant and classical baby." Sevvie, as if to demonstrate, began burbling loudly and spraying spit everywhere. Illiam sighed and took her out of her bassinet.
"Do you want to hold her?" offered Illiam. Sebastian nodded enthusiastically and reached for the baby, only to have Xander snatch her.
"He is not allowed!"
"Oh, Xander, please? She is my grand-daughter. All I want to do is love her to bits. Just like you."
"You are not permitted to love anyone to bits!" screamed Xander. "Then you will just rip them apart!" Sevvie started wailing, and Illiam sighed.
"Give her to me or your father, Give her to someone who knows how to handle a baby." Xander handed Sevvie to Illiam, who handed her back over to Sebastian. Sebastian started patting Sevvie, who stopped crying, instead smiling widely, even giggling at Sebastian.
"Darling, I don't know why you don't see I'm just trying to be a good father. I want to love you and I want to love Sevvie, and I want to be a part of both your lives."
"I think it would be nice for Seva to have at least one set of grandparents who love her." commented Illiam. "Her other set would probably call her an unnatural abomination, a clear act of man's hubris, him playing god. If they're still alive. I have no idea."
"Here you are, lecturing me at my distance to my parents when you yourself have not spoken to yours in years!"
"Yeah, well, mine actively hate me, so there's that."
"Xander, you've got to tell us shit like this. New husband, new baby, new house, we want to know things." said Georg. He wandered over and poked Sevvie. Sevvie giggled some more. "We just want to visit the baby and see you. Hey, has she met Bara yet?"
Illiam shook his head. "No, but I'd like to introduce her. Xander, imagine if you could have come to your sister's bribal shower, or was it a braby shower, whatever it was called, we could have met."
"That's where I recognize you from!" said Georg. "You're Kir's ex! The Vile Little Man!"
"Frankly, if Kir broke up with him, he's good for Xander. That's my vote." said Sebastian.
"Who's Kir seeing now, do you know? Is he still on about that Markus?"
"Markus? What? That's disgusting!" said Georg.
"You don't have to be so rude about Markus." said Illiam. "Whoever the hell that is."
"That's our grandson, Seva's cousin. Lukas's child," explained Sebastian.
Illiam scrunched his eyebrows. "Is everyone I know or have heard of related?"
Georg and Sebastian looked at each other, then Georg sighed. "Kid, you don't even know the half of it."

Author's Notes: Cute and mild. Illiam giving Sebbie tea and ginger cookies and generally being the loveable in-law is deeply amusing compared to their real u relationship.
Also get hyped for Meet The Grandparents II- Illiam's Parents. This story was originally Meet The Grandparents- Sebbie and Georg but I then realized I don't really know Illiam's parents' names. They're in a file somewhere. Somewhere....
Length: 763 words
Date: March 27th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment