Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 18. "Helya in The AU" [Modern!AU]

On the flight home from Connecticut after Anya's Graduation, once everyone else had fallen asleep, Helorie moved over to sit next to Anya. "Alright, Anya, you've graduated, you've got a job in Seattle, what's next?" 
Anya smiled and pulled out her elaborately highlighted "Life Plan" from its folder. "Next is the wedding. We're going to have to pick a venue that is a church, but doesn't require you to be a member of that church. I know it sounds silly, but ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of a beautiful church wedding."
"Anya, unless something has happened in the past few years that I do not know about, I believe there is a bigger issue. Um, who are you getting married to?"
Anya smacked Helorie with the folder gently, playfully. "What? You, of course!" 
Helorie blinked. "You're getting married to me?"
"We're getting married, yes. Do you want me to buy you a ring?"
Helorie put his head in his hands. "Do I get a chance to say no?"
"But why would you want to? It's the most efficient way for us to fulfill both our goals. What a wonderful couple we'll make, Helorie~" 
"Alright. You're right, I will marry you. But we need to find a way to break it to the rest of the family, lightly." 
"I can't just yell out 'he said yes!' to the whole airplane like I want to right now?" 
"No, Anya, you can't." replied Helorie with a laugh. "Dmitri would have a heart attack, and your mother would throw me off the plane." He kissed Anya on the nose, lightly. "We'll need to find some other way."
**
A few days later, at breakfast, Helorie sat on the counter stool while Dmitri made eggs. "Dmitri, how would you feel if I got married?"
"Yeah, um, Helorie, that's a pretty outlandish hypothetical. I don't know who would want to marry you." Dmitri flipped the egg over. "Um, just kidding, who are you getting married to?"
"It's just a hypothetical question, and answer it."
"I dunno. Would you stop living with us and move in with them? I know Anya at least would miss you. And I'd miss you too. Chrysal may be happy. Chrysal! Helorie is getting married, be happy for him."
"Oh, Helorie, that's wonderful." said Chrysal, gliding in the room with a basket of fruit from her garden outside. "You can finally move out, and get a place all your own! And be happy, with whoever it is."
Helorie muttered something about paying for this damn house, before saying, "Well, it's not really a hypothetical question. I really am getting married."
"Anya will miss you." said Chrysal. "I'm sure she'll visit you often."
"Well, um, right about that." Helorie coughed, took a big breath in, and then let it out. "Anya and I are getting married."
Dmitri angry yelling coincided, coincidentally, with Esfir's, as Anya was on the phone, telling her mother at the same exact time. Chrysal sat down at the table, started eating the fruit, then went to the closet, took out the good wine, and poured everyone a glass. 
It would be a very long day.
**
"Do we want to move in together before or after the wedding?" asked Helorie. "Or do you have that in your list of yours?"
Anya handed Helorie the list. "I made you your own copy. As you can see, almost 90% of the past items have successfully occurred and on schedule. For the next year's events, we are also on schedule." Anya showed Helorie the current events. Propose to Helorie- Check! Universal Acceptance from Family- No Check. Find a Wedding Venue, Find a New Apartment- no checks either.
"So you'd like to move into an apartment? That could be nice. What about a condo, though? We could keep that for years."
"Ah, you're skipping too far ahead. We'll live in the apartment until I'm pregnant with our first child, and then we'll find a nice condo in which we can raise our three children together."
"Children?"
"What, do you not want children, Helorie?"
Helorie shook his head. "It's just... Arianna's a grandmother now, I'm a great-grandfather, and the idea of another child, being just a baby...."
Anya grabbed Helorie's hand gently. "I know it sounds scary, or strange, but people have children at all ages. We'll be able to do it, together."
"Alright, Anya. I trust you. We'll have our children together, and I bet they'll be adorable~"
"Oh, they sure will!"
**
Anya sighed as she rolled into the house, dropping all the bags off at the door. "Well, I think today was a productive day. We found our wedding venue, looked at all those apartments, and we managed to get some shopping done."
"And you didn't punch our real estate agent in the face when he asked if you thought you may have had an advantage getting into yale because of "all your disabilities"."
"Yes, though I did run his foot over when you weren't looking. By the way, we've got to find a new one, this man seemingly doesn't understand that small steps are not actually more accessible than big steps. I don't care how big they are, I can't fly. Anyway, Helorie, look at the checklist, what else do we have to do today?"
"Finalize maid of honor and best man before next week. Best man, that's easy, that will be Dmitri. Anya, who will your maid of honor be? Your mother? Ekaterina?" 
"I'm thinking Maelys." said Anya. "My mother is still miffed we're getting married, plus she'll be in the wedding party anyways, and Ekaterina..... nope. She can be a bridesmaid, though."
"Are you going to have other bridesmaids?" asked Helorie?
"Yes, I'm calling down all my Theta sisters from Yale, we'll see which ones of them can come for the wedding. Oh, and some other college friends, too." Anya squeezed Helorie's cheeks. "We're going to have the best wedding in the world."

Author's Notes:
Apparently this was supposed to be yet another multiparter that was never finished. Disappointing. Helya is my OTP in this universe (no, not Xilliam) yet I rarely write about them. I guess I feel like i'm shoving my OTP in other people's faces, rather than using my time to write what others will read and enjoy. It's a silly notion, I guess, but I write what other people will like and comment on and Helya is not it.
Length: 996 words
Date: March 6th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment