Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 13. The Wacky Family Goes To Disney World (Chapter 2) [Modern!AU]

The countless Neslines, von Wolffs, Alkavovs, Ashburs and others gathered outside of the gate, all of them finally having gotten off the plane. Sebastian leaped in front of the crowd, waving his arms around. “Alright, alright, everyone, can we settle down and listen to me for a second?” Everyone in front of the gate, even the people who weren’t related to him or related to someone who was related to him, stared at Sebastian. “Oh, if you aren’t related to me, I don’t mean you, sorry, my family is a crowd, I’m trying to draw their attention.” As less people now stared at Sebastian, he reached into his snacks bag. “Alright, so, for those who do not know, we will be staying at disney world, and therefore, we all need a wristband to get on the bus.”
“The bus!?” shrieked Adrianna. “You want me to go on a bus?! I’ve never been on a bus before, who do you mistake me for?!”
“It’s a very NICE bus, Adrianna, please do not insult the bus! Once we get to disney world, these wristbands will have many functions, but right now, they enable us to get on this bus, do not worry about baggage claim, the baggage is already going on the bus.”
“My clothes, my beautiful, designer clothes, are being handled by some BUS DRIVER?” Adrianna glared at her father, who was beet red. “I told you we shouldn't have gone on this random and unexpected vacation.”
Sebastian squeezed his nose between two fingers and breathed in and out. “Anyway, I’m going to call out your name if I haven’t given you your wristband yet, please take your wristband, and then we’ll all go down to the loading area of the no good, awful, lousy bus.”
“I don’t even see any louses on this bus.” commented Sevvie, sitting down next to Bara. “It’s even got little TVs.”
“It’s a nice bus.” agreed Bara. Once almost all were loaded on the bus, Sebastian clapped his hands again.
“Alright, everyone, so, let’s please listen up. We’ll be-”
“Hey! This ain’t your bus!” complained a man in the back row. “Talk to your family later, most of the people on this bus ain’t even related to you!”
Sebastian shook his head. “Actually, no, sir, I think you and your family are the only people on this bus not related to me. We’re a large family, we take up a bus. Anyway, we will be staying at a room in the-”
The bus driver tapped Sebastian. “Sir, you will have to talk to your family later, this is not fair to the other people on the bus.”
Sebastian sighed. “Okay! Explanation later! We’re getting off at the Animal Kingdom resort, um, something Village. Everyone be on the lookout for something village!”
Once again, the whole enormous family gathered in the lobby of the Kidani Village resort. Sebastian clapped his hands again, hoping this time to be able to complete his speech. “Alright, everyone! Hello! Here we are, in the Kidani Village resort. We’re going to be staying in 3-4 very large rooms, I suppose you could call them suites. The wristbands you have on now will unlock your doors. No, Xander, stop moving, I am not finished yet. They are also going to let you into the park, and give you food. Yes, food, you are all on one of the dining plans, for those who have not been explained it yet, you have 3 meal credits and 2 snack credits for each night you will be staying, so 18 meal credits in total, 12 snack credits, you do not have to spend 3 and 2 a day. At a sit down restaurant you get an appetizer, non-alcoholic drink, entree, and dessert, elsewhere, entree or combo meal, similar drink, and dessert. If you are nine or under, you must order off the children’s menu, if you are three or under, you do not understand human speech and I don’t know why I’m addressing you.”
Anya raised her hand. “Um, Sebastian, I think you are very confused as to the cognitive capacity of children.”
“I know what big fancy man saying.” said Zarya, as if to demonstrate. “We going to eat foods.”
“That’s darling. Anyway, you’re going to have to pay for her meals, anything beyond what I’ve just said, and tip. Xander, come over here, and I am going to give you money for tips so you don’t embarrass me.”
Sevvie’s hand shot into the air. “Actually, my dad is reformed! If he doesn’t tip people, my dad will take him home and-”
“Alright, Sevvie, sweetheart, that’s enough.” Illiam patted his daughter’s head. “Sebastian, you don’t have to worry.”
“Um, can I have that big wad of cash for “tips?” I promise I’m a bad tipper.” said Adrianna. Sebastian sighed.
“No, you cannot, if you aren’t going to tip people, don’t go to restaurants where you have to tip. In fact, don’t go anywhere, just hide yourself from society at large. Anyway, Georg, is there anything I’m missing?”
“Um, have a great time? Don’t forget to have fun?”
“Oh! Right! Okay, my room is going to the central location for all family meetings, we will have one each day, and we’re going to have another one after we check into our rooms, I’m going to get that folder right now, and then we’re all going to go to dinner as a family because I have reservations. Um, get yourself settled in, your luggage may not be here yet-”
“I thought it was going to be handled by that bus driver!” exclaimed Adrianna. “You got me all worked up for nothing?”
Sebastian blinked. “Oh, right. Um, no, I only said that because it was simpler, I think they may actually have a separate shuttle or something, it’ll come in three hours or something. Anyway, let’s all gather back, have fun in your rooms!”
It turned out, however, that as Sebastian had booked 2 of the largest rooms of the hotel, there was quite some overlap. It seemed only Daniys and the random people she’d brought with her had received a room just for their own family. Chrysal and Dmitri were staying with Anya and Helorie and their children in another room, and Elian, Ulmer, and Desta stayed with Markus and Damien and their families, along with the spare Alkavovs, Esfir, Ekaterina, and Kir. Finally, everyone else was staying in Sebastian’s room. Xander harumphed as he followed his father to his room. “It seems I not only have to tolerate your presence, I must stay with you! This is unacceptable.”
“At some point we were thinking about putting you with Markus, so don’t complain.” replied Georg as Sebastian fiddled with the bracelet. The door finally opened, revealing an enormous suite. Bara was the first to rush in, going right for the windows. Danill rolled his eyes.
“Oh, yeah, this is real authentic decor here, isn’t it, father? Now, I wonder why you picked this-”
“ANIMALS!” screamed Sevvie, who had rushed to Bara’s side. “Dads, come, look, they’ve got real animals!”
“They’re animatronics, Seva.” said Xander, going over to investigate despite his assurance. But upon closer inspection, the animals were real. “Or perhaps not?”
Sevvie ripped open the door to the small foyer, to get a closer look at the animals. “You can also go to the balcony on the second floor to view them.” added Sebastian.
“There’s another floor?” asked Illiam. “Sebastian, why do you insist on buying such expensive things for people who don’t even like you?”
“The children, mostly. Also, no, this was actually a pretty cost-effective option, I mean not the best, but there are twelve of us here in this room, which I was able to get for a pretty stellar rate, the savanna view was quite a bit more, but it was worth it, don’t you think?”
“Where is everyone going to sleep?” asked Lukas.
“Well, there are 2 bedrooms with 2 beds each, 1 bedroom with a single bed, and 2 large pull-out sofas. So I was thinking you and Thalia could have one of the rooms with Cassandra and Danill, Illiam, Xander, and their kids can have the other bedroom, Bara can sleep on one of the sleeper sofas, and everyone else will sleep in the master bedroom.”
“I wanna sleep out with Bara and look at the animals!” protested Sevvie.
“I think the animals go to sleep at night.” said Monroe. “That is generally what animals do.”
“Awww.”
“Um, Sebbie, I think you are forgetting someone.” commented Georg, hand on hip.
Sebastian ran his hands through his hair. “What? Who am I forgetting?”
“Dominik.”
Sebastian blinked.
And blinked again.
“Um, where is Dominik?”
“Dominik, darling!” Sebastian opened the door to his small child, who stood there, staring at him. “Look, you found our room, all by yourself.”
“I found the hotel, too. When I got lost in the airport, and you didn’t notice I was gone, I did like you told me to do, I went to the shuttle, and I saw all of you leave on it besides me. So I wanted until the next one came, and I went on that one. Now I’m here. Hi dad.”
“Look at this! Dominik,you could have been kidnapped, killed, or worse!” screamed Georg. “I know this trip was a bad idea!”
“I’m fine. Honestly, I’m fine.” Dominik smiled. “It was kind of like an adventure. Hey, dad, you could have gotten me that cell phone like I asked, I would have been able to call you.”
“You are far too young for a cell phone, you’re only-” There was a knock at the door, and Sebastian went to answer it. “Oh, Hello~” It was everyone besides those in the Alkavov-only room. “Look who it is, everyone, it’s Dominik!”
“Wow, am I the only one of your kids not staying in your room, dad?” asked Daniys. “Hey, kid.” Daniys ruffled Dominik’s hair, and the seven children who had come with her all piled into the room. Sevvie tapped one of them.
“Hey, we’ve got real animals.”
“So do we.” said one of the children. “We saw a great big ostrich.”
“And we decided to sing about it!” added another child. “Oh, Oh, O O strich, you are the most magnificent of the birds, O, O, O strich, upon birds you are supreme, you are-”
Bara shook her head. “Actually, geese are much better.”
“That’s not true! Gesses are a dime a dozen.”
“You take that back!”
Sebastian prayed for something to happen before these children started fighting, and lo, something did happen. There was a knock at the door, and it was Anya and the other Alkavovs. “Wow, these rooms are really spread apart. Helorie, does it make you wish I’d brought the stroller wheelchair?”
“I’m fine pushing Zarya.” replied Helorie.
“We with the big fancy man again.” commented Zarya, pointing to Sebastian.
“Yes, that is Sebastian, your….” Helorie tried to think of how Zarya was related to Sebastian again. “Just think of him like your big uncle.”
“Ok. Like uncle Danill and Kir, or uncle ‘mitri.”
Anya shook her head. “No, sweetie, Danill and Kir are your great uncles.”
“I dunno what so great about thems.”
Sebastian, noticing the crowd gathering in the room, almost fourty people in total, went up to the balcony. “Anyone who wishes to be up on the balcony, can be.”
Anya looked up at the Balcony. “What, do all these rooms except for mine have stairs?”
“Ours has stairs too.” commented Markus.
“There rooms are nice, I guess.” added Adrianna. “I think I saw an emu or something. I hope they don’t break into our rooms at night and steal all our stuff, like the bus drivers.”
“Sebastian, why in the world did you reserve rooms that have stairs on your vacation?” asked Anya.
“Your room doesn't have stairs!”
“Yes, but what if I umm, wanted to visit my family, on my FAMILY VACATION.”
“Can’t Helorie or someone carry you up the stairs?”
Anya sighed, deeply, and in an attempt to draw attention away from his blunder, Sebastian clapped his hands. “Alright, now we are all here! All of us, except Ehimay’s side of the family, who will be meeting us for dinner, tonight, at Sanaa, which is listed as African cooking with Indian flavors.”
“That sounds baffling.” said Dmitri. “Can’t they just pick one?”
“I know it sounded baffling to me too, but apparently it is very good, and that is where we are all going, right now, because I have reservations. It’s only one credit on your meal swipe whatever.”
“Does this mean there are meals worth more than one meal?” asked Dmitri. “That would have been a good thing to mention before.”
“Yes, yes there are, more expensive restaurants and buffets and things. If you are really interested, I have a brochure.”
“Um, of course I want a brochure, I want to know what I can eat.” said Dmitri. And with that, everyone else was calling out for brochures, asking for them, demanding them. Sebastian was overwhelmed with request for brochures.
“Look! Listen everyone, we can stop at the front desk, I am sure they will have brochures there, then we can go eat dinner, actually we better do that after dinner, so that we are not late.”
Sevvie raised her hand. “Can we just stay in the room and look at the animals and eat pizza instead?” Bara nodded in agreement. Sebastian leaned against the balcony for support.
“Look, there are animals at the restaurant.”
“Really?” squealed Sevvie. “Are they like waiters and waitress and cooks and stuff?”
“No, they are just outside of the restaurant, where they live. On the grasslands. The savanna. Also, there is pizza there. I am 99% sure that all restaurants in walt disney world are required by law to serve pizza. Alright. Okay, everyone, can we go? Let us all, once more, move out!”
“I can’t believe here we are, at this restaurant that is supposedly ‘African Cooking with Indian Flavors’, and you order steak.” complained Illiam, before taking another bite of naan.
Xander looked down at the table, thinking before he made his next statement. Finally, he said, “Illiam, I am not going to lie to you. If steak is an option on every menu, I will eat steak at every meal.”
Illiam threw up his hands. “You’re hopeless!”
Jiro took a bite of a lamb and goat cheese slider, which he’d taken from a nearby table. With this many people, all ordering together, the appetizers were mainly communal, not welded to whoever had ordered them. “You should be more adventurous, father. You never know what you’re going to like.”
“I’ve been telling your father that for years.” Illiam said, rolling his eyes. “But does he listen to me? No. I want the steak, as rare as you can make it, thank you very much. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.”
“You taught dad how to tip!” exclaimed Sevvie, eating her carrot sticks.
“Yes, well that’s not really a trick so much as a basic human life skill.” said Illiam, dipping the naan in a mango chutney. “Before he learned that he was ostracized from society, and rightfully so.”
“My hospital friends don’t tip.” said Xander.
“You hospital friends are assholes!” yelled Illiam. “Remember when they made up that story about me cheating on you?”
“To be fair, you do have an identical twin brother.”
“Then why did Eznar’s description not even match Ulmer at all?”
Xander shrugged. “I don’t know. Perhaps your brother is cheating on Ulmer?”
“Like cheating on a test?” asked Sevvie.
“What? No.” Illiam began to explain. “Um, well, you see honey, when two people are in a relationship, the-”
Sevvie covered her ears. “Is this going to be like the bees story? I don’t want to hear it! I’m going to go talk to Bara. Tell me when my pizza comes!” Sevvie swiftly dropped off her chair and moved over to where Bara was, seated with her mother and father, looking wistfully out at the Savanna. “Hi Bara. You got the vegetables too? Good choice.”
Bara turned around in her seat and tapped out a message for Sevvie’s eyes only. “My dad made me get them.” Sevvie laughed.
“Bleh. Dads.”
Cassandra and Danill, not noticing Sevvie, continued their conversation. “And I think you need to relax. My father probably cried blood sweat and tears planning this vacation, the least we can do now is enjoy it.” She thumbed her glass of wine as she looked out upon the Savanna.
“Oh, your father carefully planned this? Yes, we’ve seen how careful he is, he almost misplaced his own child, your brother, in one of the world’s largest airports!”
“Is it weird that I don’t really think of Dominik as my brother? Oh, I bet it is, but here he is, a child, younger than Xander’s daughter, and here are all of us other siblings, adults, with kids, even Daniys is settling down. It’s… like….”
“I have a name you know!” said Sevvie, popping up next to Cassandra. “I’m Sevvie!”
“Oh, hello Sevvie, I didn’t see you there!” exclaimed Cassandra. “Seva, darling, I know your name, I- look, the food is coming, you should go back to your table!”
“The food is coming, the food is coming!” yelled Sevvie, loud enough for everyone in the general area to hear. “Bye Bara! Talk to you after eatings!”
“We just found Dominik, and here you are, taking your eyes off of him again!” complained Georg, glaring at his husband.
“Darling, your food is getting cold.” Sebastian, however, was not making any progress on his food either, rather taking another sip of his ridiculously colored glowing cocktail. “Look, he’s with Daniys, and Brigitta and her children. They’re having a wonderful time.”
“Now that Dominik is here, he should be fine.” said Monroe. “They can even probably track him with these magical stalker bracelets.” Monroe tapped the bright red bracelet on his wrist before taking another bite of his shrimp.
“See! No reason to worry.” Sebastian finally put his cocktail down and started on his food. “We will all have a wonderful vacation.” He took a bite of curry, savoring the taste. “I wonder when Ehimay’s coming.”
“Kir, I think you have had enough to drink.” said Esfir. “As your sibling, I am officially putting my foot down. Waiter, please, do not let this man order anything more.”
“I’m an adult!” whined Kir. “And I’m at disney world because my family dragggeddd me along! I’m going to drink as much as I want!”
“Come on, Kir, you loved disney world when we were kids. Remember the tower of terror? The alien encounter?”
“Yeah, well, the alien encounter is some stupid lilo and stitch thing now, and I bet the Tower of Terror is something equally dumb.”
“What did you say?” said Esfir, her voice suddenly cold.
“Eugh, sorry, I wasn’t thinking, um, something equally…. childish? Immature? Why did I use such ableist language, I must really be drunk-”
“No, what did you say about Lilo and Stitch?!” Esfir got to her feet, pointing a finger at Kir. “How dare you insult my favorite Disney movie? Lilo and Stitch is a heartwarming family adventure for all ages! Ohana means family, and family means-”
The waiter turned around and raised his hands soothingly.“Ma’am, we’re going to have to ask you to calm down, we appreciate your love for our films, but-”
Kir interrupted the man, his voice once more a whine. “O’hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten, at the orlando international-”
“Father-in-law, father in law, where is my father in law?” asked Osvald von Vier, wandering through the restaurant. “Esfir, Kir, hi, um, do you know where my father in law is?”
“Sebastian and Georg are over at that table.” said Esfir, pointing to the table where they were. Osvald followed her finger, rushing to Sebastian.
“Osvald, darling, how are you? I hope you and all the kids showed up in one piece? Um, where are they?”
Osvald’s face was pale, full of worry. “Oh, Sebastian, I don’t know why you’ve chosen this hotel, they’ve become quite delayed. We were all here, going in the car, and then it happened. Sebastian, Oppo has been crowned king of the animals.”

Author's Notes: 
I don't have much to say about the disney stories, except I enjoyed writing them, I enjoy reading them, and I did way too much research on the specifics of disney world.
Length: 3402 words
Date: March 2nd, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment