Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 8. The Hills Are Alive (with the sound of high-power explosives)

"Okay, kids, let's go from the top." said Daniys, seated at the von Brandt family's new piano. She began to play the notes of the familiar song, and all seven von Brandt children began to sing.
"When you learn to sing then you can sing a song, when you learn to sing then you can sing all day long, sing a song lift your voice up high, sing along with you and I, When you learn to sing then you can-"
The children were interupted by the enterance of their mother, Admiral Brigitta von Brandt. "Wonderful, wonderful, children! You all sound so perfect."
"Like little angels?" asked Carlitta, the youngest child. 
"Well, um, certainly very nice." said Brigitta. "And it is all thanks to Ms. Nesline. Daniys, what would we have done without you?"
"We'd have never learned about music!" said little Karl.
"Or how to have a good time!" offered Clara.
"Or how to mix high power explosives with only househo-" started little Hans, before Daniys put her fingers to her lips.
Brigitta crossed to room to gaze at Daniys in admiration. "Oh, Daniys. How I wish you could stay with us forever."
"Maybe I can..." said Daniys, looking into the woman's eyes. 
"The children certainly have needed another woman around the house ever since Entelda died..." Brigitta looked across the room to the enormous portrait of her deceased wife, a beautiful elven woman. 
"Well, maybe-" Daniys was interupted by the ringing of her phone. Her face twisted into a frown. Who even knew her new number?
"Answer it, Daniys."said Brigitta. "Perhaps it is important."
Daniys picked up the phone. "I'm sorry, I can't really talk right now."
"Dad's in trouble." said Lukas, on the other end of the line.
"What?" 
"Valana took his throne and sent her angels after him. It's a very long story and I'd rather explain it to you in person." 
Daniys nodded, then realized that was pointless because Lukas couldn't see her over the phone. "I'm coming. Be there soon." Daniys hung up the phone and looked sadly at Brigitta. "It doesn't even look like I'll be here tomorrow, let alone forever."
"What's wrong?"asked little Hans. 
"My family is in danger." Daniys stood up and took Brigitta's hands. "You know family is the most important thing to me."
"Just as mine is to me."Brigitta grasped Daniys's hands tightly. "Daniys, I hope your troubles will be done soon. I hope you can return to us."
"I'll be back as soon as I know my family is safe." Daniys went to the stairs. "Keep practicing, kids! If you work hard, I know you can become great! You don't need me to sound beautiful, you just need to have music in your heart!" 
"And a good supply of bleach, lye, amonia, sulfuric acid, and a tumbler!" 
"Okay, don't practice that when I'm gone kids, you need adult supervision. I'll be back soon." Daniys looked down at the family she had come to love. Family really was the most important thing to her. And hopefully, when she returned to this one, it would be for good.

Author's Notes: A Daniys story! Daniys and her lady love and her future step-kids! Daniys! I
I have nothing much to say about this story, except for the fact that I enjoy it. Daniys! Hooray! 
Length: 520 words
Date: December 26th, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment