Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 35. Messel and Dr. Checkers Go On A Date [TDOV] [Q4]

Messel waited outside of Dr. Checkers's university apartment. Today was going to be their very first date. They had only set it up a few days ago, but Messel felt he had been waiting much longer than that for this day to finally come. After a moment, Dr. Checkers finally emerged. "Messel!" Dr. Checkers rubbed Messel's hair with its tentacles, smiling brightly as it did so. "My Messel, how was your day today?"
"I spent so much of it excited for our date tonight!"
"Oh, Messel, I did as well~ (‘∀’●)♡" It took one of Messel's tentacles in its own and smiled brightly. "And I have a special surprise for you!" Dr. Checkers suddenly shifted, decreasing somewhat in length and breadth, but not in height. After moments of flesh moving, it now appeared to be a purple-skinned, seven foot tall humanoid, wearing a yellow dress with a yellow headpiece, horns, and long, twirly ears. "I have finally mastered the art of taking a humanoid form! Now we can go on our date incognito! Isn't that simply delightful?"
Messel smiled. He didn't think that Dr. Checkers was any less noticable like this, but took its hand anyway. "That is very nice, though I think you're wonderful no matter what form you take."
"You are very sweet, Messel. ✿✿" Dr. Checkers bent over to kiss Messel on the top of the head. "Anyway, let us now go, date away!"
They arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later. The place smelled wholly of fish, as it was, of course, a seafood restaurant. Messel and Dr. Checkers got a table, and sat down. They looked at the menus.
"They have chirashizushi, my favorite!" said Messel excitedly.
"That is wonderful news. Should I try it as well?"
"Try whatever you like! I think it all should be good. Most sushi is."
Dr. Checkers smiled widely. "That is wonderful news. Oh, and I will eat shrimp puffs as well. Messel, if you wish to have your own appetizer, remember, I shall pay for whatever you desire."
The shrimp puffs came. Messel was hoping to eat some of Dr. Checkers's shrimp puffs, as he liked them, but not enough to necessitate having another order of them. Dr. Checkers tried to pick up a fork with a humanoid hand, but failed, and, giving up, grabbed shrimp puffs with its hands to stuff in its mouth.
"Messel darling, you did not inform me about how things went. Did the administration accept you were possessed by a demon and remove the blemishes from your academic record?"
"With Elato's testimony, yes. I had to appolgize for my students, in fact I gave them all extra credit for having to put up with me possessed and all, but things are finally getting back together."
"That is wonderful news! I was so worried for you before (⊙︿⊙✿), but now you are safe and free! (⊙u⊙✿)"
Messel patted Dr. Checker's hand, the one that wasn't eating shrimp puffs. "And I hope I'll stay like that for a while. So many things are constantly happening to us, but it'd be nice to get a break."
"Perhaps you may move to Kenisal with me once I return to my home university. If they ever allow me to return! There you shall not have to deal with your day to day troubles that consume you. I know you are a very well educated young Assel, and you would be praised as an excellent professor there. ( ˘ ³˘)"
Messel looked down, smiling slightly. "But if I left, who would Markus bother and annoy?" he said, teasingly.
"Your Aunt, Dr. Nadia!" exclaimed Dr. Checkers.
"Actually, my great-grandfather said they may be getting divorced.
Dr. Checkers laughed, a high, tittering laugh. "Not even she may stand him! Good news for her, bad news for him!"
Finally, after many minutes of waiting, the sushi arrived. Dr. Checkers dug into some very strange looking rolls while Messel ate his chirashizushi. It was nice to have it again. "Messel, have you heard of that new cult going around? What an interesting group they are. Apparently they worship some third Alkavov princess or some like!"
"A third one?" asked Messel. "Bara, I guess."
"No, not Bara. Apparently according to them, Anya and Ekaterina had a sister. And she is to be the queen of the world!"
Messel rolled his eyes. "That sounds silly, and frankly made up."
"It does, my dear Messel, and I thought you should be amused by it. Oh, and they gave me countless pamplets. Why, I think there was one for each tentacle! They are very aggressive, yet very adorable."
"At least they're not that moon cult, or the evil one." said Messel. "Frankly, a cult that thinks Anya and Ekaterina have a secret sister is more endearing than anything else."
After the date, Messel bought Dr. Checkers ice cream. It had orange flavored iced cream, and Messel bought chocolate for himself. "Messel, my dear, what a wonderful time we have had. Would you not agree?"
"This is a very nice first date. Much better than my first date with anyone else." Messel sighed. "Valentina is great, but our first date was a disaster!"
"I should enjoy going on a date with Valentina and you." said Dr. Checkers. "She seems like a very nice young cat."
"She is very nice." said Messel, trying not to blush. "I think you two would really like each other."
"I'm sure we should! She truly cared about you a lot during that intervention. Oh, Messel, when you said that thing to me I should have known you were not in your right mind! Of course you would not say anything cruel like that to me, you love me!"
Messel blushed again. "I... I do. I know that's like, a terrible thing to say on a first date, but we've known each other for like, eight years, it may be our first date but its definitely not the first time we've been out together."
"Who cares for such rules or laws! Our experience is what it is, and so we are! Messel, would you like some orange ice cream?"
"I'll taste it, definitely. Would you like some chocolate?"
They tasted each others ice creams and Messel shuddered. Brain freeze.
They arrived back again at Dr. Checker's apartment. He didn't want to go home. This had been an extremely nice night, and he didn't want it to end. "Messel, should you like to come in?" asked Dr. Checkers. "I know we just had iced cream, but you might want some tea? And things besides tea? (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ "
Messel didn't have to be asked twice. "Yes, to both. Definitely."

Author's Notes:
This is a cute final story to wrap up the quartet. Messel and Dr. Checkers talk about current game events, their relationship, and are generally supper adorable. Hooray!
Length: 1106 words
Date: March 30th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment