Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 27: "On The Way Home..." [Modern!AU]

On the way back from Cassandra and Danill's house, Illiam glanced over at Xander, who was very quietly driving the car. "So, um, you've met one of my exes. Apparently because he's your brother-in-law's twin. When am I going to meet one of yours?"
"One of my what?" asked Xander. confused.
"One of your exes! Ex-boyfriends, ex-lovers, whatever you'd like to call them."
Xander blinked. "Illiam, I did not think I was interested in dating someone before we met. I certainly have never dated anyone besides you. It's like I told you when I first met, I used to have carnal relations with all my male friends, and-"
"And you continued that up until our sixth date. Right." That was when Illiam knew that their relationship was getting actually serious. It was kind of nervewracking, actually. "But you never dated anyone? Not in high school, not in college, not in med school, not during that year that you ran off and-"
"Definetly not then." said Xander. "My final year of high school was devoted to making sure I did not make a single mistake, and my years of college and medical school were the same. I spent almost all of my days studying, attending class, or, of course, working out, and my only other activities were doing intermural sports and joining a few clubs so I did not look like I was doing nothing. I became president of one of them, I think it was a biology students club or something." Xander blinked, then looked to Illiam. "What did you do in college?"
"Oh, I had a lot of fun, unlike you." Illiam playfully jostled Xander's arm, and the slightly younger man smiled. "I joined a bunch of clubs and went to parties and I still got pretty nice grades, and after Sophmore year Elian and I got an apartment together with Ulmer. And I dated people. I tried to date Ulmer, but Elian, oh, he snatched him up."
"Do you still have feelings for Ulmer?" asked Xander.
"No, no, he and Elian are very happy, also that was ages ago. And then I went to U of M, and I liked it there too very much. Did you have a better time in Medical School?"
Xander's eyes went wide. "No, I only studied more! I spent every free waking hour attempting to study.I once tried to convert to a Polyphasic sleep schedule, but, alas, it did not work as planned."
"So you spent all your time studying."
"And doing things that would look me look like a better candidate for hospitals. And it worked! I got the residency I desired at a hospital I was fine with, and now here I am. I am a successful surgeon, I live a succesful life, and I have almost everything I could have ever wanted."
"Almost everything?" asked Illiam. "What more could you possibly want?" 
"Well, we have been a couple for a while now. We have learned that we enjoy living together. We have very compatible lifestyles, and certainly the money to financially support and raise a child. Perhaps we could have one."
"I love how you can't say anything straight. You just bounce around with words, don't you?"
"You are not addressing the point."
"I'm being like you, Xanxan. I.... I don't know how I feel about a child. I don't think I'd be a very good parent. But if you want one, then I suppose we can try."
"Well, there would be no trying involved. The procedure for making a child is actually quite precise, and with the latest techniques the fertilization rate is nearly 100%. The only thing we'd have to fear is a miscarriage or our surrogate going AWOL and taking the child with her, smuggling our child away in our womb."
Illiam giggled slightly. "Xander, I don't think that's ever happened. And you know what, I'll be like you, I'll study parenting."
Xander smiled widely, stopping the car on the side of the road. "This is wonderous news! I'll call the clinic right now, we can-"
"Let's wait until the morning, okay? Also, um, why do you have them already programmed into your phone?"
Xander put his iPhone away. "Um, I don't know. Reasons."
"Do you think we'll want to move?" asked Illiam. "Somewhere else to raise a child?"
"I think that could be nice." said Xander. "Somewhere with enough bedrooms for us and the child and perhaps another child, if we decide we like it-"
"Like what, the child? We have to like it, Xander, we're its parents!"
"No, the home! Also, we should give this child a gender, at least when we talk about her. To avoid confusion. Anyway, somewhere spacious, with room outside for the child to run around, it could be very nice...."

Author's Notes: 
Xilliam, Xilliam, here it is, some Xilliam.
Length: 802 words
Date: March 26th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment