Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 42. Xander's Familiar

“You have a lot of tattoos.” commented Illiam, tracing the line of an inked flame up the tiefling’s arm. “But half of them don’t stay in place. They vanish.”
“They are magical tattoos.” replied Xander. “I use them.”
“Hm. You don’t like magic items. But tattoos are different?”
“Nobody can take them from me.” replied Xander. “Unless they steal my skin. In which case I believe I have larger issues.”
Illiam nodded, continuing to trace the flame as it moved past Xander’s elbow. “Lots of fire.”
“Illiam, when I fight people, I am set aflame. I am literally a god of fire.”
“Seems rather redundant, then.”
Xander sighed and rolled his eyes. “And I got many of these before I ascended. My first tattoo was flames. For my dead familiar.”
Illiam’s eyes went wide, and he resisted the urge to laugh. He couldn’t help it- he let out a slight giggle as he spoke. “YOU had a familiar? What was it? A cute little imp?”
Xander was not so amused. “A fire elemental. It would whisper to me the secrets of the flames. I took very good care of it- fed it nice twigs and the like. He was killed when I was at school. Stomped to death. I almost killed the ones who did it to me. But I was the prince’s son. I could never do such a thing.”
“Did you hurt them later? When you were a god, I mean?”
Xander flicked some dust from beneath his nails. “Oh, yes. But it wasn’t nearly as satisfying as burning them to death right there, in the quad, would have been. Or stomping them to death. Not so pleasurable when I was a god who could simply rip their heart from their chest. You know what I mean?”
“I’d take revenge whenever I got it.” replied Illiam. “Now, later, whenever.”
“I suppose that separates us.” replied Xander.


Author's Notes: 
Another bit of random, kind of pointless Xilliam. 
Length: 318 words
Date: April 26th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment