Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sniplet 14. The Wacky Family Goes To Disney World (Chapter 3.1 + 3.2) [Modern!AU]

A monstrous pile of bacon, looming higher than high, sat on Georg’s plate. Sebastian glared at it.
“Look at all that bacon! Sometimes Georg, I swear, your eyes are larger than your stomach!”
“If that was the case, my head would just be one giant eye.” said Georg, reaching for his fork, then, with a shrug, grabbing a slice of bacon between two fingers at eating it. Sebastian sighed at his husband’s table manners as Dominik returned to the table.
“Ey? What’s this? Croissants? Fruit? Yogurt? Where’s your carbohydrates, boy, where’s your meat?” questioned Georg.
Dominik looked down at the table. “Dad, um, remember how I said I don’t like it when you call me boy. And, um, I dunno, this is what I wanted to eat for breakfast today, if that’s okay?”
“It’s perfectly fine, darling.” said Sebastian, carefully spearing a mickey-mouse head waffle with a fork and cutting a bite. “Georg, don’t pressure our child into eating foods they don’t want to eat.”
“It’s not perfectly fine, we’re paying good money for all this food!”
“We’ve already paid.” I’ve already paid. Sebastian thought mentally. “Dominik, enjoy your breakfast. Oh, my, Monroe, those are a lot of hard boiled eggs!”
Monroe sat down with his eggs, nodding. “This right here is extraordinary value. All these hard boiled eggs, and I don’t have to peel a single one.”
“What? No, I can’t hang out today.” said Adrianna, sipping on her strawberries and cream frappuccino. “I’m at disney world. My parents made me go. They said it’ll be a memory I’ll forever treasure. Yes, I am serious, the real disney world, my wierd great-grandpa paid for the whole family or something, but he makes us drive around in buses and fly economy and stuff, it’s lame. There’s like, forty of us here, it’s the whole crew. Oh, look, here comes my cousin, talk to you in a bit.” Adrianna hung up her phone and glared at Messel, who was walking towards her, holding a smoothie and a ham and cheese sandwich. “Hey, Messel! Don’t you think this trip is the worst!?”
“Actually, I’ve never been to disney world before. It’s pretty nice so far. Hey, do you want to go on the train or something? You know, so we can get over to the other zones before the park opens to the general public, get in line for things?”
“Um, you want us to hang out? Together?”
Messel shrugged. “It could be fun. You know, funner than going on rides alone.”
“Alone?”
“Because our parents have vanished off to gods know where.”
Adrianna sighed. “I think my dad is going on splash mountain or something. Like he’s fucking twelve.”
“I think that’s where my dad went, too. He always told me it was his favorite. You know, because of the splashing.”
“Because of the splashing~” mocked Adrianna. Then, she took another sip of her frappuccino, and sighed. “Yeah, let’s go on the train. I bet it’s going to be tiny and cute.”
“Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?” asked Messel.
Adrianna shrugged. “Maybe it’s going to be just a thing.”
“Bye bye pooh bear!” yelled Zarya. Once the costumed employee was gone, the toddler wiggled excitedly. “More mickey face, more mickey face!”
“Alright, sweetie, here’s the train~” Anya cut a piece of waffle for her daughter, and once the bite was in her mouth, Zarya eagerly ate it.
Dmitri and Pyotr, however, were not so happy. “Ugh, mom, when can we go see Disney World?”
“When your sister’s done eating.” Both of the twins let out a massive sigh at this. Zarya had been eating for almost an hour, and her hunger showed no signs of waning. Helorie was sympathetic to his sons.
“Perhaps I could take the boys out and we could meet up after Zarya’s finished.”
“Yeah, and who’s going to push her around, am I somehow supposed to be able to have one hand on the stroller, one hand on my chair at the same time? Speaking of which, we need to find that counter where you can register a stroller as a wheelchair for her.”
“Maybe I could take the boys around.” offered Kir, who had seemingly appeared from nowhere.
“Really, you’d do that?” asked Helorie.
“Yay, Great-Uncle Kir!” cheered one of the twins.
“Yay, Cousin Kir!” cheered the other.
Kir smiled. “You don’t have to mention your parents love for incest every time we see each other, boys. And yes, Helorie, I would. Being a single, lonesome man in disney world is just sad, but being a cool uncle taking his great-nephew-cousins around is much better.”
“Okay, I’ll text you when Zarya’s done eating.” replied Anya, looking at her phone. “And don’t take them on any of the big ticket rides, I want to see my children ride splash mountain or that damned teacups ride with me for the first time, alright?”
“Of course!” replied Kir, fingers crossed. “Come on boys, let’s go!”
Piglet ran away from the Ashbur/Nesline table. “All I’m saying, darling, is you could have handled that better. I just wanted a cute picture of you showing your bacon to Piglet for the family photo album, and now I’m pretty sure you’ve frightened the poor pig and Sevvie’s in one of her moods.”
Sevvie sniffed up a snotty tear. “I’m never never going to eat bacons ever again, Piglet! I didn’t know they were your friends!”
“What about ham?”
“No more ham, Jiro!”
“What about ham lunchables.”
Sevvie dried her eyes. “Not even those either. Dads, this is so sad. Poor piglet has to watch the dead bodies of all her little forest friends lying out for everyone to eat.”
“Piglet is actually a boy, dear.” commented Illiam.
“So I was misgendering him, too!? And he couldn’t even say anything to stop me? He must think we’re the worst visitors ever! I bet piglet’s going to report us and throw us out of the park!”
Illiam sighed, “Sevvie, darling, Piglet isn’t going to report us, look, there he is with my brother and Desta.”
“Plus it’s just a person in a costume, Seva.” said Xander. Illiam sighed.
“Oh, yes, let’s just spoil the magic for the children, why don’t you, Xander?”
“Piglet isn’t real? That’s not the real piglet?” Sevvie began to cry once more. “You got any more big realizations for me, dads? Any more things that I once thought were true that are lies?”
“Santa Claus is not real either, Seva.” said Xander calmly. Illiam smacked his forehead.
“She was being facetious, Xander!!!”
Sevvie gasped, before screaming at the top of her lungs, “Santa isn’t real!?”
Bara pointed at a bird. “Yes, dear, a bird.” said Cassandra, ruffling her daughter’s hair. “Do you want to go on the teacups ride? That was always my favorite when I was a little girl.”
“Cassandra, she’ll get sick on it. Bara, wouldn’t you rather go on the small world after all boats? You can listen to them sing.” Danill opened his mouth to sing, and horrible, off-key notes poured out. “Oh, it’s a world of joy, and its a world of fun, its a world, its a world, that’s for everyone, there is lots of stuff, though some of it is fluff, it’s a small world after all.”
Bara blinked and typed, “I definitely do not want to go on that ride.”
“But what is a dole whip?” asked Adrianna.
“I dunno.” shrugged Messel. He experimentally took his spoon and tasted it. “It’s kind of like a pineappley ice cream?”
Adrianna took her spoon and tasted it too. “Heh. You’re right. It’s good!”
“Yeah. The internet has not led us astray this time.”
Adrianna laughed, then leaned back, and let out a contented sigh.“You know, this vacation is nicer than I thought. Everything is less awful than I-”
Adrianna was interupted by a random child running past and stealing the dole whip. “Hey! Kid! You can’t just take stuff!”
“Adrianna, we can-”
“Messel, after them!” Adrianna leaped from her chair and began chasing the child, and Messel, internally going “what the heck”, decided to run after her.
Anya looked Kir up and down. “Now, Kir, um, if you didn’t go on splash mountain, why are you, and Dmitri, and Pyotr wet?”
“They wet all over.” commented Zarya.
“Yes they are honey.” Anya patted her daughter on the head. “Hm? Can you explain that?”
“A random child ran past us and spilled water all over us!”
“A random child.” Anya sighed. “A random child just spilled water over you, enough water for you three to be sock popping wet?!”
Dmitri nodded. “Yup, mom, yup. In, in fact, it was-” His eyes suddenly went wide. “It was that one! Running! With the dole whip!”
Anya swiftly spun her wheelchair around to see a random child, running with a dole whip in their hands, and then, Adrianna and Messel, chasing after them. “Oh my god, those are your cousins! Are they your cousins? Oh, who cares, look!”
Zarya cheered Adrianna and Messel on. “Go, go, go go go!”
Adrianna suddenly smacked against a massive man, who the child had hid behind. He grabbed her, screaming something about antagonizing his son. “Oh my god, Helorie, we’ve got to go help them!” Anya wheeled her way through the crowd, as swiftly as she could. “Excuse me, sir, those are my- my cousin’s cousins, please, don’t grab that poor girl like that!”
“She’s running after my Jimmy, trying to get his dole whip!”
“That kid STOLE our dole whip! We were just having a nice, relaxing time, when a random brat comes up and-”
“Don’t you call my Jimmy a brat!”
“He stole our dole whip!”
Messel arrived on the scene, panting, out of breath. “Sir, my cousin is telling the truth. Your son stole our dole whip, that we bought, he took it from us.”
“My Jimmy would never! He bought that dole whip with his own money!”
“Check his pockets.” said Helorie. “See if the money is still there.”
“And now who are you? Her second cousin twice removed?”
“I am this woman’s husband.” explained Helorie, resting on Anya’s shoulder, leaving out the part where he was also her great uncle. “Anyway, check his pockets.”
“I trust my Jimmy.”
“And he still stole our Dole Whip! I want a new one!”
“I’ll buy a new one, Adrianna.” said Messel. “It’s just one snack.”
“But I want that one! The one we were eating!” Adrianna’s eyes were inflamed with passion. “Messel, sometimes you have to never give up, no matter even when it seems easier to back down, when the option seems far simpler!”
Messel looked to the ground. “I know that.” He sighed. “Adrianna, I- I really know that. But-”
“Have your stupid dole whip, losers!” screamed the child, throwing it on the ground at Adrianna and Messel’s feet. “Come on, dad, let’s go.”
The sweet tropical substance spilled out all over the sidewalk. “Let’s buy another one, Adrianna, okay?” said Messel.
“I’ll buy one for you guys.” said Anya. “It will be Dmitri’s punishment for lying to me.”
“I didn’t lie to you, it was really that child!”
“Mister, if you want to keep your treats, you should really stop soon!”
“Awwww.”

“It’s a world of laughter, a world of tears, it’s a world of popes and a world of tears, and that time that we share, and that time that we care, it’s a small world after all! Come on, dads, sing!”
Illiam cheerfully and Xander grudgingly sang along. “It’s a small world, after all! It’s a small world after all! It’s a small world after all, it’s a small, small, world!”
“Verse two!” exclaimed Sevvie. “It’s a world of Sevvie and a world of Sev, it’s a-” Luckily, the “second verse” was interupted by Bara. “Look! Bara! Bara, have you gone on it’s a small world after all? I have! A dozen times! It’s my favorite ride in the whole entire world!”
Bara shook her head in reply. “Is it really that nice?” she asked, “My dad made it sound awful- literally.”
“You have got to ride it with us!” squeed Sevvie. “They have the best song. Oh, it’s a world of laughter, a world of tears, it’s a world of popes and a world of tears, and the time that we share, and that time we all care, it’s a small world after all!”
“Why popes?” asked Bara.
“I dunno, maybe they’re catholic like uncle Elian.”
“I think it’s hopes, Sevvie.” corrected Illiam.
“I think it’s popes, dad.” said Sevvie. She checked her wrist, which only had a wristband, not a watch. “I’m hungry! We should go get lunch!”
“We actually tried to find you for just that reason!” said Cassandra with a laugh. “We thought it would be nice if the girls could eat lunch together, spend some time together.”
“That would be acceptable.” said Xander.
“We can go in the restaurant that’s in its a small world after all!” exclaimed Sevvie excitedly.
“Oh, Seva, that-” started Illiam.
“That sounds like a wonderful idea, Sevvie.” said Cassandra. “Bara, you can finally hear the real it’s a small world after all song, not sung by your tonally deficient father.”
“I sung it to her!” said Sevvie.
“Yes, dear, I know.” said Cassandra.
Xander poked at his flatbread. “What’s wrong, Xander?” asked Illiam.
“I don’t like it.”
“You haven’t eaten it yet. Are you just disappointed it’s not steak?”
“Maybe.”
“You can’t have steak for every meal. You’ll get all steaked out.”
“Seva seems to be doing fine with her pizza.”
Sevvie was, in fact, eating another pizza. Between bites she belted out whatever part of the small world song was currently playing. After finally having her dreams shattered, and realizing that It’s a Small World After All did not involve Popes, she decided to add any word that ended in ope she wanted to the song, much to the dismay of those attempting to listen to it.
Bara ate another grape. She was tapping on her board, writing a message to Sevvie. “That’s the nice thing about your board, Bara, you can talk and eat at the same time and your dads don’t tell you not to.”
“Sevvie, you really do need to stop doing that.”
“Whatever, dads!”
Bara finally showed Sevvie her message. “What are you doing after this?”
“I dunno.” shrugged Sevvie. “I wanted to meet Queen Elsa, but apparently it’s not really her.”
“Sevvie, only the people in the mascot suits are fake.” lied Illiam. “Queen Elsa is really real.”
“Really!?” exclaimed Sevvie. “Hot dog, if only I had my Queen Elsa dress.”
Illiam and Xander remembered the Queen Elsa dress Sevvie had worn last halloween extremely well. After the exorcism hadn’t worked, they had had to burn the (quite expensive) dress entirely. “Oh, Sevvie, I’m sure you can buy another Queen Elsa dress here, they must have bunches of them.” said Cassandra, yet another statement that Illiam thought was a terrible idea.
“Really?!”
“Sevvie, hunbun, I only have cash on me, as does your father, we left our debit cards back in the room.”
“You can use the wristband things to charge things to the room.” said Cassandra. “And then I’m sure you and my father could work something o-”
Xander reached over and patted Sevvie on the shoulders. “Come now, Seva, finish your meal, afterwards, we have some shopping to do!”
Sevvie twirled excitedly in her brand new dress. “I look just like Elsa! I even have a magic wand!”
“I thought Elsa just shot magic out of her hands.” commented Jiro, who was honestly hoping that his parents would remember he existed and therefore let him do something he wanted to do soon.
“Well, I can shoot magic out of my hands, or out my wand! I’m even cooler than Elsa, I’m Selsa!”
“Salsa?” asked Jiro.
“Selsa! Get it right!”
The shop attendant smiled endearingly at Jiro. “And would the little prince be wanting anything magical to take home?”
Jiro shook his head. “Not unless you have books here.”
“Sorry, dear, not in this store.”
Jiro sighed. “Okay.”
“I want to charge this all to my room, alr-”
“They’ve got an Elsa doll!” said Sevvie excitedly.
“Sevvie, darling, you already have a whole coven of Elsa dolls.”
“But this one is different. She’s special, I just know it.”
“You don’t want to lug Elsa around the park, do you, Sevvie?” asked Illiam.
“Actually, if you’re at a room here at the park, we can have the doll delivered to the room.”
“Yes, let’s buy, it, Seva, here, hand it to me.”
“This is like a second christmas!” Sevvie’s eyes suddenly went wide. “Wait, if Santa isn’t real, then does that mean-”
Illiam sighed. He thought that Sevvie had understood the logic behind santa being fake. “Yes, Sevvie, that means that-”
“That poppop got me all those presents!” beamed Sevvie.
“No, darling, your father and I got you them!” said Illiam. “Why would you think that your grandfather got them for you?”
“Because he’s weirdly generous! Giving gifts to all the children of the world seems like something he would do!”
“Sevvie, each parent buys gifts for their own children. Your father and I purchase gifts for you and Jiro. The only gifts that are from your poppop, as you call him, are the ones he gifts you on Christmas Eve.”
“Oh.” Sevvie bit her lip. “I guess that makes a lot more sense. Jiro, why aren’t you all cracked up about all of this?”
“Sevvie, I knew Santa wasn’t real since years ago. It was a pretty illogical story to begin with, then I found all the gifts in our fathers’ not-secret closet.”
“Our dads have a secret closet?”
“Yup. Never go in there, it’s boring.”
“It is not boring, young man!” scolded Xander. “Why, that’s where-”
“Jiro, why were you looking around in our room?” asked Illiam.
“I needed to find a band-aid.” said Jiro. “They weren’t there, by the way, and before you scold me, why would I think that the presents of a magical man who I was around 20% sure existed would be in your closet?”
“The time… for Elsa… is in twenty minutes!”
“Is everything set with the packages?” asked Xander worriedly. “Seva, if that’s the case, let us get going.”
“Fathers, can I do something I want to do after Sevvie sees Elsa? It’s already almost two, and we’ve been on small world almost all morning, and now we’re visiting Elsa.”
“Don’t you wish to visit Elsa, son?” asked Xander. “Don’t you have many questions you would like to ask about her magical ice powers? I, for one, would like to know where the ice comes from.”
Jiro sighed. “Fathers, I….” When Sevvie’s head was turned, Jiro mouthed ‘I know it’s not the real Elsa’.
Illiam sighed. “Look, Jiro, I- I’m sorry this is boring for you, but-”
“But who cares! Come on dads, it’s Elsa time! Push push push, let’s go meet Elsa!”
“What would I rather be doing?” asked Adrianna. “I dunno, hanging out with my friends. What am I doing? Hanging out with my wierd professor cousin at Disney World, a place that is still mostly for children and people on their honeymoons.”
“I think that guy’s going to propose.” commented Messel, pointing to the couple two tables away from them.
“What, during lunch at this place? Man, take your man out somewhere nice. This place is cool but a little bit too america themed for me. Like, maybe if I was Isha, this would be my ideal proposal spot.”
“I think if Isha and Nadir ever get engaged Isha would be the one to propose.”
“What? No way. Nadir all the way. Do you know where Isha was last night?"
Messel shrugged. “Apparently their car was ambushed by animals, some giraffes forced a flower crown on his dad’s head and the ostriches forced him to ride them to a majestic rock where all the animals of the park kneeled down to him.”
“Why do weird things always happen to our family?” asked Adrianna.
Messel shrugged again. “I dunno. Oh, looks like that guy’s finally going for it.”
Messel and Adrianna turned and watched as the guy two tables away stood up, looked his boyfriend straight in the eyes, and told him he’d been seeing his brother for the last seven months. A slap-fest ensued. “Ow, harsh.” commented Adrianna. Both men left, leaving a half-eaten BLT and vegetarian platter on the table. “Messel, you got it totes wrong.”
“You can’t guess them all.”
“Elsa, you are so beautiful, and powerful, and you never date anyone! That’s why you’re my most favorite disney princess, even though you’re not a princess, you’re a queen. I guess you’re my favorite disney queen, but they keep putting you on stuff with princesses, even though you aren’t one.” Sevvie squeezed Elsa tightly in a hug as Illiam took another picture.
“Thank you, Seva. I am sure that when you grow up, you will be majestic and powerful too. And nobody has to date anyone if they don’t want to.”
“Alright, kids, come in, group picture.” Jiro sighed as he came into the picture, along with Anna, who was also mostly used to being ignored.
“You’re the best queen ever! Why can’t you be queen of america?” questioned Sevvie.
“Um, because America doesn’t have a queen, we have a president.” answered Jiro.
“I want to be queen of america when I grow up.” said Sevvie.
“Yeah, maybe after this, we can go to the president’s hall, and-”
“Alright, kids, say Fuzzy Pickles!” Illiam took yet another shot, then put his camera away. “Okay, Sevvie, I think Queen Elsa and Princess Annette have to see the next child.”
“It’s Anna.” corrected Anna. Sevvie spun around to see the next child in line.
“It’s Dominik! Hi Dominik! This is the real princess Elsa!!”
“Santa Claus isn’t real but this is the real princess elsa” mumbled Georg. “Never thought I’d have go through one of these lines, thought we missed them with Daniys and Cassie.”
“Popop,” screamed Sevvie, “When I found out Santa wasn’t real I thought it was you giving all the presents first! Then I found out it was dads!” The entire line of children quivered with the news of Santa’s non-existence. “Bye Popop! Bye Grandpa 3000! Bye Red Hair Man! Bye Dominik!”
“Goodbye, small child!” said Monroe, waving goodbye to Sevvie. Once she was gone, Monroe excitedly pushed Dominik forward. “Now, do you remember what I-”
“Information on how her ice powers work. You got it, Uncle Monroe.”

Author's Notes:
The only thing commented on about this chapter's part 1 was Georg's lack of nutritional info. Croissants and fruits are carbs. Georg is a layperson and only thinks of the meats as carbs. You shall have to forgive his ignorance.
The trans metaphor about dole whip is absolutely ridiculous. 
Part 2, which begins with Sevvie singing small world, was added because I apparently thought the first part didn't have enough Sevvie. I don't know why I thought that. Where was Jiro's character arc going in this story? I wish I knew, for when I finally finish it. 
Length: 3778 words
Date: March 3rd, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment